Garou: Mark of the Wolves

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Garou: Mark of the Wolves

i got my consolized MVS unit earlier this week, and one of the games ive got for it is Garou, i may post topics on the other games later on, but this game has impressed me the most, the graphics are fantastic, very detailed but also solid, with fluid movements, very impressive. ANyway the game is tight as well, when you lose you know its your fault, now im really bad at the game but it is still very enjoyable, what does evry1 else think about this game?

I love it, and I'm only playing the DC version, though I've promised myself I'll be getting an AES and MOTW in the new year

Comment

It's a lush game. Lovely animation, interesting characters and nice backgrounds. The game also feels really fluid to play, with lots of dynamic looking moves flying around. The counter moves also look swish, and are pretty easy to pull off.

It might not reach the heights or depths of SFIII, but it isn't far off.

Comment

Naiera, go MVS, i got the cart for ?44 inc shipping , i believe david fallows on here just paid ?250 for the AES version

Comment

I've tried MVS, and I couldn't get the SuperGun I had working properly with my TV, or 5-10 other TV's I tried, so I sold the supergun, the 4-slot, MS3, KOF '95 and Windjammers and spent the money on "normal" console games instead.

I'm going AES and there's no stopping me. I'm only going AES for a handful of games anyway (planning on getting SSII and KOF '98, and then MOTW).

Comment

Double post

Comment

I'm going AES and there's no stopping me. I'm only going AES for a handful of games anyway
              Heh heh. We've all said that at some point.

Come joinnnn usssss....

Comment

Heh Well, at least my finances WILL stop me from buying much more than what I've already listed. I only have so much to spend each month on games (about ?90-100 now and ?190 in the new year), and I don't know if I'll start my further education or get a job after the summer...

Comment

My finances tried stopping me until I blew them all away with various bank loans, etc.

Collecting AES carts is like heroin addiction. I **** you not. don't be surprised when you start selling your PS2/GC/Xbox stuff in order to fund more purchases.

Last year I sold my new PS2 + 7 games in a rush just to be able to afford Real Bout 2 after an impulse Ebay B.I.N - but by god, was it worth it!

I once contemplated selling my guitar in order to get AoF3 and SSIV. Sanity quickly reclaimed my mind and I ended up selling the AES with everything instead. Collecting had become very silly. No way am I gonna start thinking about selling my non-game-related stuff just to buy more carts.

I've just jumped back into the scene head first however - my first few games are SSII, KoF'98, Garou and KoF'99 soon. I still need another stick.

?90 a month on Neo carts is well enough to get a big collection going. It'll only take you 2-3 months to save for the bigger titles.

Comment

Problem is I also buy games for the PS2, Saturn, DC, PSX, PCE and sometimes even Xbox and GC regularly

Comment

Problem is I also buy games for the PS2, Saturn, DC, PSX, PCE and sometimes even Xbox and GC regularly
                      Come back in 6 months to tell us whether this is still the case...

If anyone's interested, I'm setting up a book on this one

Comment

im starting to improve (slowly) as i said in the neo thread, ive just finishe dit without continuing for the first time, it was on level 1 but i enjoyed it, finished with 579800 pts

3 AAA rating
                        8 AA
                        and the rest were A,

i started a new game and got my first SS rating, but then decided to have a bash on blazing star, anyway garou is so class, im starting to get the hang of blocking and can sometimes pull off some of the better moves with Kim Jae Hoon, tho its more down to luck than skill atm

Comment

8)

dont think much it it i'm afraid

looks great but plays with faults, too easy (compared with other neo fighters) and the game is pretty shallow

but hey all the guys who know me know that i am a garou hater

Comment

why do you just download the roms for emulation ?

Comment

Originally posted by knobby
                              why do you just download the roms for emulation ?
                              Because that would be too easy - I'd much rather pay ?240 for a single game then wait 5 days for it to arrive from Japan rather than download it for free and start playing in 10 minutes.

Comment

Working...
                              X