Front Mission 4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Front Mission 4

Been asked to start a new thread. So here it is.

I have a copy on the way, but have acquired a copy in the mean time.

The good news is that for the most part it's almost entirely in English. The menus in Front Mission games have always been English language, but with Japanese language story. In this instance, every line of text (that I have so far encountered) in the story is spoken in English. There are some exceptions, but you'll have no problems keeping up with the story. It's as import-friendly as any Japanese game could ever be. Certainly to the same extent as Viewtiful Joe. Definitely the most import-friendly RPG ever.

The combat is pretty much just the same as it's always been - But that's always been fine with me. I'm not disappointed by my initial hour-long play. Nobody has any excuse for not importing, either - Especially since a western release is unlikely.

I'm a sucker for Front Mission, anyway. It's the game I bought my Super Famicom for, after all. But, bias aside - It's exactly the same as the others, only prettier and more import friendly. If you liked one and three, then you'll love four.

Placed my order earlier today based on your recommendation and look forward to playing my first Front Mission game.

Comment

So you say all menus and spoken dialog are in English, that?s fantastic!

Comment

Originally posted by Henning
        So you say all menus
        Yep, all the FM games have had English menus.

and spoken dialog are in English
        That's new.

that?s fantastic!
        No ****. It's excellent

Comment

Dood this is torture. Torture I say. I'm going to have to get it now. I loved!!!!! FM3. One of my favorite PSone games ever. Now I hear this. Chances are I can order and it will get to me before my damn Donkey Konga arrives.

Comment

Originally posted by Che Musashi
            Dood this is torture. Torture I say. I'm going to have to get it now. I loved!!!!! FM3. One of my favorite PSone games ever.
            Same here. What I love is customizing the Wanzers and finding the right combination of software programs, armour, weaponry (and looks!) to make a kick-ar$e machine. The turn based strategy is great and can get quite deep. Some battles can be on a knife edge and very exciting (example: http://cgi.gamefaqs.com/boards/genme...topic=11704734).

Can't wait!

Comment

Well, seems I was wrong. I grossly overestimated the amount of English in the game based upon my brief play. All IN MISSION dialogue is handled with a voice over in English, but all explanatory sections aren't in English (particularly in the early parts of the game, as it guides you through the English menus in LONG Japanese panels), the same applies to the dialogue segments between missions

Having said that, most important story points are explained in English, and all Menus are in English. Not a problem, all told, though it helps if you've played previous games - You'll have done all of the working out already.

Combat is immensely satisfying now. Explosions and attacks have never been so clunky and meaty. The system for upgrading your pilot is an absolute joy, now, too. You earn points that can be spent on different upgrades. Add an extra action point for five points, or buy a rank upgrade for fifty to increase all your stats, etc.

Comment

Working...
              X