New "old skool" style shooter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New "old skool" style shooter

Written by a couple of friends of mine... demo version available with first 15 levels to try out. See what you think

Lie with passion and be forever damned...

love the box art!

How big is the file, looks interesting, but with 56k, if its a big 10mb'er or more, Id need to know in advance.

A link to Mr Minters forum as well, yakyak, very interesting. Ive browsed it several times, but its always been a bit daunting to actually sign up and post there.

cheers for the info

Comment

Zip file is 3.5MB big so not that long on a 56k modem. It's all done in BlitzBasic btw, which makes it even more amazing imo...

Comment

The makers of this are probably big fans of the Darkness. It parodies everything that made the 80`s such an eccentric era.

I hope its a decent game behind all the joking.

Comment

It's a homage to 80s shooters with some modern ideas thrown in. We're all big retro shooter fans. The co-creators are big on Galaga, Stargate, Tempest, Robotron and Sinistar for starters

Comment

Lovely little game!

Mayhem,

Would you mind asking them if they did anything interesting with the enemy patterns and what not?

I've been tinkering with making a little shooter myself and have been having trouble getting a satisfactory was of representing enemy and bullet patterns.

I've never had to worry about that stuff before but I'm making my first ever 2D game and I'm finding it has it's own set of interesting problems!

Comment

I believe quite a few of them could be sin/cos waves, but I'll get an email for you to write to Andy (Sickboy) who did most of the designing. Ian (Fuseball) did all the coding...

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem
                I believe quite a few of them could be sin/cos waves, but I'll get an email for you to write to Andy (Sickboy) who did most of the designing. Ian (Fuseball) did all the coding...
                That's exactly what I imagined. Even though I haven't got a clue how to make a game, I would imagine you would simply express co-ordinates or vectors simply with a time counter and function. Such as yes, a sine wave. Much like playing with a graphical calculator - the more complicated the function, the crazier the pattern .

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem
                  Thanks man, just a few ideas and pointers on implementation to get me started would be great.

Comment

Working...
                  X