Taiko no Tatsujin: Animated Cartoon Festival

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Taiko no Tatsujin: Animated Cartoon Festival

Finally got this today and had a quick two player bash this lunchtime with my regular Taiko playing friend, Heidi.

First thing we noticed is that the mini game mode is missing, prehaps you have to unlock it

Next thing we noticed is that the difficulty has been noticably increased, with even the 1 star games (I only play on hard mode) requiring some effort to complete. I also think that the difficulty is all over the place with some of the 2 star songs being much harder than the 4 star songs (I've playing through about 9 out of the 18 inital tracks).

oh, and I've unlocked:

Originally posted by spoiler
    master mode or what ever its called, only for the two song mode, by completeing co-op mode.
    Other than that, its business as usual

I'm thinking about getting this game soon. Never played another game in the series...do you think that's a wise choice or should I take the first Taiko-game?

Comment

I wouldn't recommend starting with the 4th release (its missing the mini games and is harder than the others), but I don't think it matters which of the first three you start with, my personal preference is for the 3rd version.

If you can get two drums do it; as the game really comes alive two player; I play most of my Taiko two player and I guess this is why I am still enjoying it for more than 12 months.

Comment

I've been waiting for a post on this for ages

Which Naruto songs are in it?

Compared to 3rd Gen, how much harder is it?

Comment

Its much harder than the second and third editions, and a bit harder than the first. I actually struggled with a 2 star song for the first time.

Master mode is much harder than all three previous versions. I welcome the increase in difficulty, it was getting a bit to easy for me, but it could be off putting for people new to the series.

It seems to be just the one Naruto song, but I know zip about Naruto so I am more than likely wrong.

I wish they would switch to a downloadable sales model and let you buy new songs each month, save having to wait for the next update to appear.

Comment

I'll welcome the harder difficulty, it's SO satisfying mastering a really hard song and getting >90% on it.

I think I'll be ordering this soon

Comment

Working...
            X