Rapid Reload (aka Gunners Heaven JAPAN) PSone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rapid Reload (aka Gunners Heaven JAPAN) PSone

Blew the dust of my UK copy of Rapid Reload over Xmas and now canlt stop playing it.

For those who can't remember it is the 'spiritual successor' to the famous Gunstar Heroes.

It is is a really great action game and well worth picking up (if you ever see it that is!) I had the Japanese original whne the PSOne first came out but sold it years ago.

Highly recommended if you are into action shooters .

Anyone here got it/played it?

I remember this one. Got slated by all those 'cool' PS mags that launched in 1995 as it was 2D like.

I found the game to be pretty good fun but the lack of a 2 player option was criminal.

Comment

I can remember the name, i know i've played it, but cant think of the game

Comment

YES! I rememeber it, I passed it up for cheap in my local "Choices" branch once, and have been trying to track down a copy ever since.
        Thanks for bringing it up.

How similar is it to Metal Slug? Since thats the reason Ive been excited about it. Anyway, should you ever bore of your copy, you know where you can find me.

Comment

Bastard staff in CEX, had Gunners Heaven yesterday evening for a fiver then couldn't find the disc... :/ Did notice the member of staff putting it on the reserve shelf too... ft:

Comment

Similar to MSlug in that it is 2d. More similar to Gunners Heaven cos you have 4 weapons which get stronger as you collect little 'jewels'.

As always it is essential to use the right weapon against the enemy.

It really is a great game and was overlooked in 1995 (along with 'In the Hunt') cos they are 2D which was slagged of back then.

There is a japanese copy for sale here: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...&category=3719

Comment

I need this game, now. I might just get it through that auction...hmm..

Comment

folks rang me from hong kong to say they picked this up for me. (at 3 in the morning and all >_&lt
                Legit version, not a bootleg, for only 22-Euro

Also picked me up some other choice goodies.
                once tested, Ill post to give me views.

Would you say 22 euro is a god price for the JPn version? Wonder if its factory sealed.

Comment

I picked a copy up in my local games shop 2nd hand last year for ?11, was well chuffed with it.

Comment

Finally got into this game today, had it languishing on my shelf.

Got up to stage 3, the roler skates one, but the boss who drops rocks down from above proved too tough. Was using the bloke, Axel Sonics.

Bloody excellent game.

2D sprite based games are timeless, this has aged amazingly well. Some PS2 games already look like crap, but this still looks fantastic.

I was so naive back in the day, I didnt think it was worth buying, and only now have I come to fully understand the beautiful perfection that is 2D sprite gaming.
                    Simply wonderful.
                    Good control, great bosses, lots of colour, and even with infinite continues, still very tough, since your restart point is only after defeating a boss.

Why were games like this ignored?
                    Why were games like this and SoTN lambasted by journalists and games mages? Why was man so ignorant of excellence back in the day?!

WHY?!

Anyway, does anyone have any tips for the boss Im having trouble with?

Also, does anyone have any working codes for the code menu available from the menu by holding L1,L2,R1,R and pushing select?
                    Its 2 letters and Ive yet to find a working combination.
                    What do they do exactly?

Any other thoughts on this game? Jungle level was really good, great music, nice backgrounds too.
                    My only gripe is that the characters simply have flipped sprites instead of a different animation frame for wether they're standing left or right.

Comment

I've got this game on the way, I really can't wait for it

Mine cost $30 near mint with spine+about $4 EMS shipping(it's being combined with loads of other games)

I'll post my opinions when I get it-I was sucked in by the screenshots mainly, it looks absolutely gorgeous

Comment

Originally posted by Geezer
                        I've got this game on the way, I really can't wait for it

Mine cost $30 near mint with spine+about $4 EMS shipping(it's being combined with loads of other games)

I'll post my opinions when I get it-I was sucked in by the screenshots mainly, it looks absolutely gorgeous
                        Where did you get it from mate?

Comment

eBay, it crops up every once in a while, I bought the Japanese version, I don't know about availability on the PAL version, I couldn't find any on now or in completed items. There is a JPN copy on atm though:

Geezer

Comment

I've got a PAL version of this game. Bot it together with G.Darius for about ?12 from a friend last year I think it's a rental though, and if I had the money I'd buy the JAP version for trueness and 60Hz...

There is a JPN copy on atm though:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...category=62053
                            Teh spineless freak of nature

Comment

Mine

Comment

Working...
                              X