Saturn. Is it worth buying one??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Saturn. Is it worth buying one??

I've been thinking about buying a saturn recently, i've seen a few games that i like for it and was wondering if people think it's worth getting one?

I've been looking a getting a jap machine, what should i been looking at paying for a machine in decent condition? or is it worth getting a cheap u.k machine and modding it?

Games i've been looking at are:

Battle Garegga
    Dodonpachi
    Kingdom Grandprix
    Alpha 3

Also i've never had a saturn before so is it likely i will be dissapointed?

Cheers

Thats a pretty similar thread and should answer some of your questions.

Comment

It depends on what your expecting and how much you pay for it.

I recomend getting a modded UK system, with 60hz booster.

There are enough cheap and fun games exclusively for the saturn, for it not to dissapoint anyone who is a fan of gaming.

And for non-exclusive common games? Most common saturn games that were released on PSX tend to be cheaper than its PSX counterparts.

Comment

If you like 2D shoot em ups the Saturn is great. As for "Kingdom Grandprix", its not high up the list. There are many other better titles.

Comment

The Saturn is one of my if not my favourite console.

Some truly memorable games on that system and I'm still playing it today. More fun than the PSX by a country mile.

Comment

I have certainly had more fun with my saturn, in an even shorter time, than my PS1.

Some truly golden gems, take a dip in the saturn pool if your feling down about gaming, I always feel rejuvinated after a few goes.

Comment

I was shown a Saturn a few months ago, the 3D graphics isn't that pretty, so it is not worth buying for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Legendary
                I was shown a Saturn a few months ago, the 3D graphics isn't that pretty, so it is not worth buying for me.

Comment

Legendary, thats your dry wit isn't it? Bad graphics = rubbish?

NiGHTS exists only on Saturn, hence BUY!

Comment

i've been looking at white saturns on ebay, are these the best ones to go for or is thew victor version any better.

they seem to about ?90 with shipping is this paying over the odds?

Comment

I agree with Geezer regarding that post.

Good to see that opinions have matured over the years with the graphics vs gameplay debate still rolling....

Daytona USA, Sega Rally....that'll do me. Get a Saturn.

Oh, and Burning Rangers

Comment

Want to play the best daytona? get a saturn (or an arcade cab)

Yes it has borders but the NTSC version isnt that bad....yes it has bad pop up....so does the arcade....and yes it runs at a low frame rate but it plays like a dream which is something you cant say about the rubbish DC version.

Comment

Originally posted by nigel1210
                          i've been looking at white saturns on ebay, are these the best ones to go for or is thew victor version any better.

they seem to about ?90 with shipping is this paying over the odds?
                          The white ones are nice, I prefer the V-Saturn (2nd revision) personally, I would have thought that they go for more than ?90 though!
                          They are all basically same, except they look different, so I don't think any one model is better than the others in terms of hardware, just buy the one you like the look of

Comment

I seen it with Panzher Daagon saga, Daytona and Sega Rally on Sega Saturn and it doesn't look that pretty. All I can say I hated 32 bits 3D graphics but current generation are great and 16 bits 2D graphics are great.

But do look at it carefully.

Comment

My first post ever , The Saturn is my favourite console ever. I've owned almost all of the different variations over the years but the one that everyone wants is the Hi-Saturn Navi. I wont tell you about it but google it and see what you think.
                              Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Working...
                              X