Xbox Live through an Apple MAc?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Xbox Live through an Apple MAc?

A friend is thinking about getting Live but he uses a Mac and needs to know if he can use an ICS type solution to hook up Live through his USB BT Modem.

Anyone do it this way?

Cheers
    G

Well you could use a router instead? I don't know myself about an ICS equivalent for Macs, as I don't have one myself

Comment

Comment

I use a Mac and Live and use this=

Discover the latest products from the biggest names in tech at EE Store. Find deals and offers on gaming, laptops, TVs, home phones, smart home systems and more

A friend configured on his lappy in Windows and then i just plugged in and went. The whole process took 5mins and i've had no problems so far.

Nick

Comment

I was using Live through Mac ICS because I have a USB ADSL modem. I have an ethernet cable going to a four port switching hub in the other room from the Mac which everything plugs into (other Macs etc.). I was patching the Xbox into this and it worked fine ...

... until I upgraded to Panther (Mac OS 10.3). It no longer works so I'll have to get a router. If your friend has OS 10.2 and the modem isn't using the ethernet port just wire the Xbox into it, turn on connection sharing in the Sharing control panel (in system preferences) and it'll work fine. Otherwise it's the router solution.

Comment

Working...
          X