Anubis: Zone of the Enders LE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anubis: Zone of the Enders LE

Having the 'Special Edition' tag, this suprisingly does not have the western voice acting, and instead retains the original JPN voices again.

As for new stuff (bearing in mind i haven't completed the main game yet to unlock it's other features such as EX missions) it's mainly the same, bar a few new integrated scenes and area's.
    The new stuff i've noticed so far (i am basing these differences off the JPN/ USA version. I've not played the PAL version):

Originally posted by spoiler
    - There's a new section (arena = fighting raptors/ mummyheads etc) during the early part of the 'rescue Taper' scenario.

- When gaining a new skill, there is a brief on-screen 2D demonstration (for some of them) of how the new skill works.

- A slightly altered intro to when Vic Viper/ Leo Stenbuck meets Jehuty in Vasillia.

- Just before reaching the city (before the Lloyd/ Inhert battle) there is a new scene introducing the 'Leopardo' Orbital Frames.

- Also just before you go to destroy Aumaan wall, there is a little introduction scene with some 'Leopardo' Orbital Frames

- Upon completion, and after you have saved; The new "Beyond the Bounds" remix track plays, accompanied by some in-game action interspersed with cutscenes from the game.
    Those are the new stuff so far, and having completed the game on 'Normal' difficulty, there is no option to have the USA voice acting, or English language mode.
    No new major cutscenes where it involves the Orbital Frames having a chinwag, or anime scenes.

I noticed that some of the close combat could be comboed that little bit easier and that a few of the subweapons have been "trimmed" a bit. I will admit this maybe the PAL speed difference kicking in (I originally hammered the Japanese NTSC original), but it seems a wee bit inconsistent to attribute to hardware differences.

Comment

Which version is this? My PAL copy also has special edition on it, but I bought that when it came out.

As far as I can remember, all those alterations you mentioned were included in the PAL version, apart from the lack of English voiceover.

That last point makes say this to you... You are missing absolutely nothing.

Comment

Anubis: Zone of the Enders - JPN
        Zone of the Enders: The Second Runner - USA
        Zone of the Enders: The Second Runner - PAL
        Anubis: Zone of the Enders Special Edition - JPN < this is the one i'm referring to.

Apart from the new remix of the Beyond the Bounds track, which i don't think was included in the PAL version. But that's nothing much to shout about.

RE: Cacophanus

When you mentioned that the sub-weapons had been trimmed, could you please expand on that?

It's been absolutely ages since i played the original Anubis, and can't remember anything too drastic regarding changes to the game as a whole.

Comment

If I've never played the game before, should I go for the old US release or the Japanese SE?

Comment

Depends on your stance on it:

USA -
            Pros:
            - From an storyline point of view, you can understand it in more detail.
            - You can find it cheap now.

Cons:
            - The voice acting isn't the best (it's not the worst either)... but Dingo sure mentions his 'Pals' a lot.
            - Severly lacking the extras the PAL/ JPN SE versions are missing, such as being able to replay 3 scenarios from within the game from the EX mission options. A 'tweaked' VS mode, and 2 extra difficulty levels.
            - Does not include the 'Beyond the Bounds' music CD.

There is one thing involving one easter egg within the game:

Originally posted by spoiler
            When doing the burn off the top portion of 'Kens' suit. In the JPN version as soon as the first codec scene starts, she's in her tank top. Although do the same trick on the USA version, she is still in her normal suit. I covered this in better detail in the 'game differences' thread a while ago.
            Nothing really major, it's just that you see her in the tank top in one more scene than the USA version.

Comment

Does the PAL version have a 60hz mode?

Comment

Nope.

Comment

Just to let you know the PAL version does indeed have the remix of Beyond the Bounds on it. Shame it's utter tripe.

Comment

Working...
                  X