N64 Game Must Haves

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

N64 Game Must Haves

Im getting back in to the N64 after i traded it in when i got my PAL GC.

Anyway its been a few years now so i cant remember every game which i had nor which i should have had.

Also is it worth getting it modded and where online and offline do games?

So far i have got the following on the way from the lovely eBay and the N64 and PD off here.

Perfect Dark + N64 ?20
    Super Mario 64 ?5.50
    Excitebike 64 ?5.50
    1080 ?5.50
    Goldeneye X 3 and i only wanted one on eBay!
    Star Wars Episode 1 Racer ?2
    Top Gear Rally ?1.70
    ISS 98 ?4.20
    Zelda Ocarina of Time UNBOXED ?3
    Zelda Ocarina of Time BOXED ?5.50
    ISS ?0.99
    Nagano Winter Olympics ?6
    Donkey Kong + Expansion + Boxed mint ?27
    Mario Tennis ?23

Wantlist -

Mario Kart 64
    Banjo Tooie
    Conkers Bad Fur Day
    Diddy Kong Racing
    Pilotwings
    F Zero X
    Starfox
    Beetle Adventure Racing

I am sure i have missed out a few gems though.

Post your must haves below as im going to have a look round and see if there are any bargains going.

GoldenEye!

Comment

MK64
      GE
      PD
      LoZ:OoT
      LoZ:MM
      SM64
      Starfox 64
      Paper Mario
      WaveRace 64
      Banjo Kazooie
      Banjo Tooie
      Mario Tennis
      Harvest Moon

They are all brilliant games on the N64. Some are hard to get, others much more common, but they're all worth playing if you can!

Comment

Great titles there nips. Theres so many i had forgotten about.

Iv added a want list so i can keep track of them all that i want to get.

BTW whats the game GE?

edit - oops how did i forget eBay

Comment

GE is presumably GoldenEye, (most logical choice as nips listed it next to the far inferior Perfect Dark....)

Don't forget Jet Force Gemini,
          Donkey Kong, like Majora's Mask and most of Perfect Dark - require a MEMORY EXPANSION PACK

Pokemon Stadium One and Two - technically, two and three in Japan, but stick with the English versions, unless you really want to have an entire database of Pokemon stats in Japanese. Worth it for the minigames alone!

Pokemon Snap - a superb title, refreshingly different and not just a cash in.

Pokemon Puzzle League (or get Puzzle League Challenge for the GameBoy Color - Nintendo does Tetris. Rock solid hard Tetris)

Conker's Bad Fur Day!!!!!!!

Arguably Rare's finest work to date. Yes, well joint first with Goldeneye
          An above average platformer that boasted the finest multiplayer bots known to grace the console. The multiplayer CTF and Chemical Warfare levels are some of the finest levels ever designed in the history of gaming.

The fact that they are supposedly extras in a platform game is amazing. It is almost as if Rare were being modest or something.

Diddy Kong Racing! Like Mario Kart - but better. And harder. This will kick you in the nadgers. Hard. And you'll love it.

Snowboard Kids and the non-PAL Snowboard Kids 2,

Twisted Metal Edge (I think) - it was a good console for snowboard games.

DO NOT GET QUAKE 64 OR WIPEOUT OR THE BOMBERMAN GAMES

The first two are very bad ports IMO. The third just never translated well to 3D.

Comment

I think GE must be Goldeneye..

I'd add -

Sin & Punishment
            Mischief Makers
            Yoshi's Story
            Conker's Bad Fur Day
            Pilotwings
            Wave Race

Comment

Yes Diddy Kong Racing is a must. Absolutely brilliant kart racing game that's so much better in every way bar multiplayer than Mario Kart.

Comment

Whats the going rate for mint donkey kong 64 boxed?

Iv seen it going for crazy prices and i dont think i should be spending over ?10 on any game. Iv seen it on eBay for ?20+

Comment

?10-?15 without an expansion pack is a fair price but around ?25-?30 with expansion pack.

Comment

Donkey Kong 64 is a bit crap. No scrap that it is crap. There are much better platformers out there that are worth your time and money.

Comment

charlie angel has the best list so far although you will need to get a passport adaptor to play Sin and Punishment and I wouldnt recommend the PAL wave race either (but the NTSC versions are great).

No one has mentioned F-Zero X, best F-zero game of the bunch imo.
                      Starfox 64 is also a cracker too.

Comment

It doesn't appear to be that popular, but I really like The New Tetris. In fact, if I had to pick only one N64 game it would be this. It was also the favourite N64 game (ahead of GE, MK64, PD and ISS) among most of my friends at uni - even convincing a couple of them to invest in an N64 for themselves.

Comment

Now i remember having both but what i cant remember is which one was better.

ISS 98 or 2000?

Comment

'98 I reckon.

Comment

Personally I preferred the way that 2000 played, but it certainly wasn't as polished as '98.

It had an annoying tendency to crash and you could only edit the player names for about 10-15 teams or so before the memory card was full. The RPG mode was also pretty pointless.

Comment

Working...
                              X