Are you anal about spine cards?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are you anal about spine cards?

I was just thinking about it and I hate buying games without a spine unless I get them for super cheap or I really want to play the game asap and replace it with another including the spine card later

I have missed out on some stonking bargains on eBay etc. because they were missing the spine card, anyone else like me?

They are very nice to get with the card, it does not feel complete without it.

But i would never let it get in the way of a bargain though after all you don't play a spine card.

Comment

i kept all my dreamcast spine cards in a draw underneath my TV, until i moved house last year, when i chucked them all in the bin...i never really noticed people cared about them, but as the games will never be sold its ok.
      i couldnt care less about them.

Comment

Originally posted by Fuddle
        i kept all my dreamcast spine cards in a draw underneath my TV, until i moved house last year, when i chucked them all in the bin...i never really noticed people cared about them, but as the games will never be sold its ok.
        i couldnt care less about them.

Tell me you don't own any rare games!

Comment

Since i have **** all JP games...I have cd's though, and i usually just stick the spine card in behind the booklet

Cant throw them out!

Comment

Can i ask why?
            What r they good for?
            If your not selling the games then what difference does it make?
            And if your buying the games what difference does it make?

Nick

Comment

I dunno why, for completions sake

+for a rare game it can affect the price a fair bit!

Comment

I like to have spine cards where possible for the sake of completion (though oddly I don't care about registration cards), but it depends upon which console the games are on.

If it's an older console such as the PlayStation or PC Engine CD-ROM, then I'm generally not bothered and will get a game regardless of whether it has a spine or not.

However, if it's a Dreamcast game, then I always try to get one with the spinecard. Most DC games are still relatively easy to find in complete condition due to their age, so I may as well get one which has a spine. I prefer to get the spines for Saturn games too (although I'm not quite as strict on these as I am with the DC).

Comment

I'd never turn a game down because it wasn't complete with the spine card as long as the rest was perfect.

However given the choice of a copy of the game with or one without a spine card i would always choose the one with even if it cost a fair bit more.

Comment

Out of the 251 games currently in my collection, 23 of them are Japanese games that originally came with spinecards (I also have some HuCARDS, some PS2 games and some GC games). They all have their spinecard. I couldn't bring myself to buy a game that didn't come with the spinecard.

I don't really mind a missing registration card, though...

Comment

I think most collectors like to say they bought them new if they come with all the gubbins...

If the games come with them then its good, if it doesn't then so what?

I'm more anal about having the extras that come with certain games though, things like Badges, Stickers, Cards, etc... I'll hunt men down who sell them whilst stealing the extras... ft:

Comment

A missing spine doesn't usually bother me. After all, some games don't even have one in the first place. The condition of the CD & manual (even though it's in Japanese?! ) are more important.

Saying that, I'll happily pay a few quid extra if the spine & registration card are there, or if a game is still factory-sealed.

Comment

Speaking of japanese games, are you interested in some rare ones

Comment

Got to have the spine card.
                            Got to have the little questionaire/registration card.
                            If possible got to have the little pink plug/socket paper.
                            Nice if the original shrinkwrap is there (albeit, open)
                            N64 carts must have their little plastic bag.

I am anal.

Wil

Comment

I'm only ever anal when it comes to Neo games that cost over ?500, especially when there's only 500 in existance. Pointless being anal over a copy of jap. NiGHTS IMO.

Comment

Working...
                              X