Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Saturn Dracula X

Hello all,
    Woke up at 5 this morning and noticed this at ?25 odd with a few minutes to go on E-Bay,and ended up getting it for ?32.
    Thought it was a rarity,but there was only 6 bids on it.
    Is it any good?
    Have i been striped?
    Thanks
    Nick

It's a nice game, better in many peoples eyes than the PSOne Port.

VGI is selling one without the spine for ?50 and they are expensive as hell so your price is pretty fair if it's in good nick.

Comment

Great game, i paid ?40 and believe to be worth every penny.

I'm stupidly trying to jump down the grid at the start of the castle to reach the extra saturn area's in the PS game!!!

Big Al, any idea how to uncover the map area's of the inverted underwater vein, certain sections just won't appear for my map. It's completely frustrating, i've 199.5% map coverage. Argh.

Comment

In some ways it's better than the PSone version:

- fullscreen than the PSone version. Yep even the NTSC Dracula X had borders. Although nothing like the PAL Final Fantasy series,
        - a few more (minor) areas,
        - and one more playable character,

and some things i disliked about it:

- more slowdown,
        - annoying way to access the map: go to menu, then press L shoulder button.
        - poor transparency effects, which also momentarily slow the framerate down more when changing to different familiars.

Other than that (probably a few more things) it's more or less the same game.

Personally i used to play the PSone version more, due to the more stable framerate and better transparencies. I'm a graphics whore, so sue me.

Comment

Bloody good deal if you ask me, this game went for ?68 IIRC on eBay UK not so long ago

Comment

Originally posted by paveynick
            Hello all,
            Woke up at 5 this morning and noticed this at ?25 odd with a few minutes to go on E-Bay,and ended up getting it for ?32.
            Thought it was a rarity,but there was only 6 bids on it.
            Is it any good?
            Have i been striped?
            Thanks
            Nick
            Nice one !

A bargain indeed!!!!
            Overall i think it works out better than the PSX version,despite a few minor niggles,good luck on finishing it.

Comment

Good deal - although I just about prefer the PSX version, there's so little in it it's not worth worrying about. Great price, great game

Comment

Remember that it has got more loading in general than the PSX version. The Saturn version has those "CD-rooms", but it doesn't load anything while you're there!

Comment

Sword of Dawn

Anyone for a PSP sequel?

Comment

First rule of ebay- Never list your items at stupid times of the day, otherwise they will end at stupid times of the day. As generally most bids happen towards the end of an auction, your just shooting yourself in the foot.

Good news for you though, youve nabbed a bargain fantastic game as well.

Comment

I got this a little while ago, pretty fun game and definitely worth the ?45 shipped I paid for a mint and complete one.

Conversely I've just paid a shade over ?10 shipped for a sealed copy of the PS1 version (the US Greatest Hits re-release)-so I can have the best of both worlds

Comment

Got mine today, shipping took 3 days!

In case anyone else wants one for $19 delivered:

Geezer

Comment

Working...
                        X