Sega GT Online

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sega GT Online

I didn't get the original GT2002 but will get the new online version tomorrow, hope at least a few of you will be doing the same, I know it hasn't had glowing reviews but from what I've read it appeals greatly. I don't think (hope) I'll be too disadvantaged by not having maxed spec. cars from the original game immediately to hand - which by the way I'm still unsure if you can transfer over or not.

Anyway no more waffling, if your getting the game and up for some races please post your Gamertag below.

(mine is: David Holliss)

just asked my mum to look out for it while she was out, n apparently shes bought it for me (even tho i didnt think it was out till tomorrow)

wont be online with it straight the way due to bandwidth probs but will be soon enough

gamertag is ReeceM

Comment

Originally posted by Astra
      wont be online with it straight the way due to bandwidth probs but will be soon enough
      Eh, you've lost me - I guess your sharing your line with your PC.

Nice to know I won't be alone though.

Comment

Anyone picked this up ?

It's a bit of a nightmare to connect to a game online unless your racing against/can invite "friends", the interface is nowhere near as user friendly as PGR2, basically if a race is in progress (there's no way of telling) there is no lobby and you get thrown back to the menu to search again (and again and again). Only managed about 3 races in 15 attempts.

So I need some "GT" friends

Comment

I'll probably get this at some point, but not until

a) it gets a bit cheaper; ?30 for a game that is a pittance anywhere but now has online tacked on as an afterthought is a bit much, and

b) I find time to actually play something other than PGR2, which is already meeting all my racing needs nicely.

I've never enjoyed all the engineering nonsense of souping up your car; it just feels wrong to fiddle with it from how the manufacturer wanted it to be. I'm not a better car designer than Ferrari or Lotus, so I'd rather race the vehicles as their creators intended...

Comment

im one of the stupid people that bought it before reading any reviews and paid 39.99 for it

still not tried it online lost all intrest in it to be honest after finding out theres no online drag racing (something i was really looking forward to)

will try it out eventually tho.

n the 'perk' feature sucks, i had a fully modded skyline amongst others on gt2002 and about bout 2 million quid, it only lets u import 100,000 and none of ur cars.

Comment

I gather the feature to transfer cars and loads of cash was cut down to only $113,000 only at the last minute, even the manual still says about transfering cars.

Comment

picked this up today - not tried it yet but i will be looking to play online some time this evening

camps

Comment

hey I have a friend

I'll add you, prehaps you can do the same with me

(gamertag: David Holliss)

I should be on from 10.30pm onwards, either online or single player. Let me know what you think, I'm determined to get into the top 998 on the rankings this week)

(It only gives a ranking upto 998 then everyone else is equal 999th)

Comment

I have this as well, although I've only played mine as long as it took to post this

Comment

be interested to see what you all think of it, especially the online side.

Comment

Well, the single player is identical to 2002 so I haven't played it that much (bar some minor part changes, IIRC). It is necessary to play it too, to gain any kind of status in the online community, which, imho, is brilliant. The almost consistent nature of the online aspects is quite impressive and, minor niggles aside (mainly racing, which Sega GT is pretty dire at), does work quite well. It's just difficult to get into when I've played it before.

One needs to play (initially) offline to get anywhere online, so it makes a n00b's task a little daunting. Once that hurdle is overcome, it is quite enjoyable even though there aren't too many people playing (just check the time trail boards, you'll see what I mean). Also, word is that this has had a very limited release too so I don't expect many to play and it is a fairly inaccessible game, for none-racing fans (unlike, say, PGR2).

I'll host a game tonight if you want, we can experiment with some different online modes; I'll add you to my friends list. My gamer tag is magic lord, I currently have a Honda S2000 for use online.

Comment

You planning on going online with this tonight ? what sort of time if so.

David

Comment

Yea, more than likely. Probably about 10 onwards, although I may pop on at various times throughout the night anyway. That's one thing that spoils it really; the online bit still feels tacked on and you can't see the online stuff when you're messing around in your garage and vice versa. The competition, for example, has a pre-set list of cars (70's World Heroes or something like that) but I had to write the list down to check which cars I had, which were modded, etc... I haven't won one race yet and there is no room to experiment with them, except offline where I can't see any online stuff! ft:

Comment

Missed you again last night; couldn't join the games you had invited me too. I was having random lag problems (again, thanks NTL), so I just gave up.

I don't think I can be bothered anymore though, there's little fun exists in the game beyond time trailing although there are some interesting game modes and aspects to online play, like the competition modes. Shame it's completely b0rked though, almost to the point where it plays like two individual games rolled into one.

Back to R: RE for me

Comment

Working...
                              X