Auto Modelista (Xbox)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Auto Modelista (Xbox)

Can?t compare this with the PS2 version as I?ve never played it. On the Xbrick graphic look clean, but of the stages the background can look quite barren. I don?t know what to think of this game as I?m only 30 minutes in. The overall game is very arcade like, with cartoon like handling and commentary shout out the same 4 phases ?Your fantastic!? ?Cool? over and over again.

According to Capcom it has much improved handling, I'm also looking forward to getting it on XB Live as well!

Comment

They can improve the handling as much as the want, the tracks are pure ****, easily the most boring tracks i've ever played on (apart from Suzuka). So unless they've added alot of new tracks you'll be bored of this within an afternoon i promise.

Comment

Originally posted by Toast
        According to Capcom it has much improved handling,
        If thats the case the PS2 version must be piss poor, because the handling on the xbox is aweful. The cars handling is unrealistic and unpredictable.

Comment

How are the menu screens?

I gave up on the PS2 version as I couldn't figure out where I was most of the time - and that was the US version too...

Also, the cars ass end would slide out at the slightest provocation. This wouldn't be a bad thing, only you do actually want to get on with drving fast sometimes.

I liked the nice popping and banging of the exhasuts though. 8)

Comment

Originally posted by disco-tom
            How are the menu screens?

I gave up on the PS2 version as I couldn't figure out where I was most of the time - and that was the US version too...
            The menu is ok, the sub garage thing can be a bit confusing at first.

Also, the cars ass end would slide out at the slightest provocation.
            This is also a problem in the Xbox version ft:

Comment

Try drifting those bastard cars. Not even funny.

Although "WARNING!!" on bootup almost saves it.

Comment

I own the PS2 vers since week of Japanese release n to be honest go bored very quickly. Tuning car n stickers etc are ace as r the fancy replays n i thought music ws cool as well. But the overall game play is shocking. Not sure about x-brick vers but they'd have to move mountains to improve it imo to be honest. I was so lookin fwd to this when they did the big 4 page spread in EDGE.

Comment

never bought PS2 or Cube version as wanted to use this on Live but sounds such a disappointment, won't pay full price for it but I'm sure it'll be down to ?20 quickly if it's that poor.

Comment

Just to add that the JP GC version is no better, I was so looking forward to this, it could have been but instead is just cack, the worst driving game i have played in decades. Bring on initial D

Comment

The PS2 ans GC US Tuned versions are infinitely worse than the original PS2 Japanese release. At least with that you could play it as a straightforward 'accelerate - brake - steer' kind of game. AM has never been kind to fans of powersliding, you drop too much speed too quickly, but play it and try not to skid and it's not too bad. Still not great, but pretty fun.

The reworking for the US Tuned version was horrible as you can't stop sliding, and yet you still get punished by losing speed. It sounds like this is the one that the Xbox game is based on, which is a damned shame because I still think the original game is fun to play, if rather restrictive in forcing you to abandon all thoughts of drifiting.

Both versions are massively car sensitive as well. Anyone who jumps straight into an RX-7 or Impreza is in for a disappointment. I found a lot of the criticisms weren't applicable when I first started playing the game and couldn't figure out why people were slagging it off so much. It was because I started the game in an old-skool Civic. Once I bought an RX-7 I realised that the handling model for it was appalling. Same for the Impreza. I tried all the cars in the game and most of them are dogs, but a few (like the Civic) can put a smile on your face. Quite why this is I'm not sure, but this for me was the biggest disappointment because I couldn't enjoy playing with the 'best' cars.

Comment

Working...
                      X