Winning Eleven 7 International

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Winning Eleven 7 International

Just got this in the post this morning from Play-Asia.

Only been dabbling with it for about an hour now, but I thought I'd give some initial perspective and hope others will contribute.

The first thing you're faced with is the Language select screen, which you can't help but feel relieved at (until you realise that they have the ****ty PES3 commentary to go with the english menu's) The player names are still in japanese however. New music has been added to the game for the replays, menu's and highlights etc. You can import edit data from WE7.

I noticed some new players, but I didn't notice any new teams. I've only actually played a couple of friendlies and my thoughts on the actual gameplay are that they've made it a bit harder to attack down the flanks, perhaps some will see this as addressing the balance of the game. I always felt it was quite easy to get goals this way, now it requires a bit more skill. It's not insanely difficult or anything, just sometimes it's easier to pass the ball inside, rather than blaze down the wing. Timing headers is another change I've noticed, my old corner kick routine has needed to be adjusted slightly, which is how I know this

Notably less Handball decisions by the referee, this is a huge improvement IMO, handball's almost ruined the last incarnation so it's good to see Konami have at least addressed this in some form. Referees in general seem a bit more lenient, less inclined to dish out straight red cards etc. I went through the back of a couple of players in one game and didn't even get booked.

More later perhaps, if there is more to be discovered. So far it does seem generally more of the same.

I've found it easier to score from outside the box, and its slower. Basically I prefer WE7 orginal as of this minute.

Comment

At the moment I'm inclined to agree, but It took me a while to get into WE7 over WE6, so I'll give it more time to see if anything evolves.

Comment

So speed wise you're saying PES3 > WE7 > WE7I am I right?
        Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

PES3 is slower than WE7, by all reckonings PES3 is WE7I. Unless I have completely lost it?

Comment

You have completely lost it.

Comment

For me speed-wise (slow > too fast)

It's WE7 > WE7: I > PES3

RE: Stroppa.
              You can have Eng menus and JPN commentary. Just select the language option when the game begins, then go into the sound options and change the commentary language from there.

Now to get the annoyances/ glitches out of the way:

- Change Henry's freekick style to 'F' and you'll see what i mean when as soon as he goes to strike the ball. He will 'skate' around 360 degrees and then kick the ball.
              Truelly a strange oddity.

- When in-game, the player numbers go glitchy when the camera is on default/ mid to long range camera, also noticeable on replays:
              The player with '7' on the shirt changes to the number '1'
              When it's a number like '4', or '2' the number goes to a blurry '8'
              When it's a double digit number, then number then turns to a semi blurry '18'
              Never seen that before in previous WE/ PES games.

- The non-inclusion of the standard adidas predator mania boots

- Also the non-inclusion of the adidas style lettering, so what we're left with now is:
              normal style font/ old style Real Madrid/ Nike.

In a way i prefer the aesthetics of WE7, since it has a few more boots/ boot edits, no glitching number changes, freaky freekick animation.

In some ways i like WE7: I because it has the usual player updates, new face skins, a few new animations here and there, changeable goalie shirts, and Juventus.

Comment

geektanic - you are a footy boot lovin' maniac!!!111

I still can't decide whether to up/downgrade yet - I'm **** at WE7, so I'm not sure another version is best for me :/

Comment

Thanks people, I was hideously wrong sorry. I remember the quotient now. WE7 is the right pace, PES3 is sped up and screws with the game balance, I might have to take another looks at WE7:I and take these goddamn bags of preconceptions off my shoulders. The last WE I actually "Mastered" was WE6, haven't got the hang of the new ones properly.

Comment

Got this from Playasia today and have played it A LOT with my flatmates (all hardened WE fanatics).

The first few games we played were goal frenzies though, 3-2, 3-3, 4-3, but it seems to have balanced out nicely now that everyone is getting a hang on the defence.

I really really like this game a lot, I do think it feels a lot better than WE7 and sorts out a lot of the issues I had with the game. Handball calls are completely gone, from what I can tell (good!), the advantage rule works perfectly (if you lose the ball as soon as an advantage has been played, the game stops and a free kick is given). Crossing is much improved over WE7 and hence heading has become a lot more potent; although this goes for both attacking and defensive headers - you can finally head the ball right out of the box, from corners if you connect.

Passing in the game is much more zippier and players seem to react better now too.

Shooting can be a lot more potent now; it's been pointed out that shooting outside the box has become a lot more potent and it's true. Most of them don't go in though, unless you've got either a) a clear view of goal or b) you're shooting with someone like Henry. So I approve.

I've also noticed that all the skillz I used in the last game are fairly useless now; the sidestep is not very easy to pull off and that little push-ball-around-defender-and-run move doesn't happen very often anymore. This leads me to believe they weren't suppose to be so potent (i.e. easy) to do in WE7.

After listening to all the other commentaries, I have to say they're all crap compared to Japanese. The French and English ones are particularly terrible. Still, can't complain about it; it's nice to have the choice.

Comment

Just ordered this...cant wait. I had WE6FE on the cube, WE7 is great but i craved english menus, bought pes3 hated it, got a patch for we7 but it makes my ps2 make weird noises with top media so bring on WE7I hopefully the answer to my prayers.

Comment

My copy just arrived! Yay, impressions later.

Comment

Originally posted by ojlim
                          Crossing is much improved over WE7 and hence heading has become a lot more potent; although this goes for both attacking and defensive headers - you can finally head the ball right out of the box, from corners if you connect.
                          One of my complaints about WE7 over WE6FE that I had. I see they've decided to fix it, thank god. Hopefully get a chance to try it out...
                          Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Screw you guys! Screw you. Now I have to go and get WE7:I and redecide for myself. I just hope someones done a Champ Legaue patch for it....

Comment

This game is amazing, easily the most polished WE yet. I'm using the French commentary right now which can be good but has some lines worthy of Kevin Keegan like "only one player can win the ball here".

How do I change it so that the player names are above their heads?

Comment

Working...
                              X