Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alien Soldier-How much did you pay?

Just played this for the 1st time last night on an emu, it is soooo good

I've also just seen the silly price that it commands which has put me off a bit, but I still want to hunt down a reasonably priced copy
    Is it genuinely very rare or is it because it's by Treasure? perhaps a bit of both?

Anyhow, I'm on a mission to all the indies I can find as well as 2/3 branches of Cash Converters to see if I can find a bargainlicious one, not likely I know, but wish me luck

Picked up my Japanese copy in mint condition for about 40 quid I seem to remember from CEX of all places. ^_^

It's not that rare, but it is a technically impressive game and by treasure (although they also did a crap McDonalds game which can be found on Ebay quite often for around $15... so it's not the treasure name...) and goes for around 20 to 50 quid for a PAL version to 40 to 90 quid (nice and cheap now with the dollar being worth 30 cents more then when I picked up my copy) for a Japanese version.

Comment

The reason that I thought it was super expensive was an auction on eBay, a JPN one went for ?115+shippping!Also, OtakuMW have it listed for ?140ish

I've had no luck getting one but got a PSone with official mem card, all leads+Final Fantasy 7 for ?29, which wasnt bad I thought

It is a very nice game, fast paced, cool levels and an excellent control system which is really odd at first, but quickly becomes very intuitive

I'm gonna try a few more shops and if I can't find one I'll come home, play the rom and carry on looking

Comment

i paid ?2 for mine and sold it on for around ?50

Comment

?6.99 what a waste that was :/

Comment

$5 NZD (2 quid or so)

Comment

Bastards

The game has such an amazing feel to it, I want it badly right now but I'm skint and don't want to pay silly money for it
              The roms nice, but I want the real deal asap

Comment

The last PAL one on Ebay went for ?32 and I remember a friend of mine telling me that Alien soldier was selling in tokyo for around 15,000 (about ?85 at current exchange rates). Be patient and it'll come to you. ^_^

Comment

Originally posted by Streets of Rage
                  paid ?2 for mine and sold it on for around ?50
                  You sold it for ?45 to be precise because I bought it off of you. But I sold it on again at a loss. Personally I hated the game.

Comment

i thought you traded me HOTD on saturn as well ?

Comment

The game has such an amazing feel to it, I want it badly right now but I'm skint and don't want to pay silly money for it
                      I'm not surprised judging by the amount of Saturn games you've bought recently

Comment

You sold it for ?45 to be precise because I bought it off of you. But I sold it on again at a loss. Personally I hated the game.

Yep, you sold it to me.

I thought it was crap too!

Comment

?6 for a PAL copy from Gamestation.

I think its overated too.

Still worth ?6 though.

Comment

I see where you guys are coming from now, I've completed it a grand total of 3/4 times and am now very bored with it. I've changed my view on this one, I won't go out of my way to buy it, but if I see it at a reasonable price I'll pick it up

Comment

I paid ?4 each for both of mine

Sold one for ?40-50

Comment

Working...
                              X