GP32 vs GBA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GP32 vs GBA

I was thinking bout getting a GP32 as i've already got a GBA, i've heard GP32 is vastly advanced in all specs - what i'm particularly interested is about running emued games on the GP32, emus such as Game Gear, Master System and in particular interest is SNES games - i'm not sure how well GP32 copes with emued stuff - i've also just heard about PocketSnes - can anyone share some light?

if you get a GP32 that can handle 166 overclocked then a good selection of the SNES roms will work.

Some are better than others - but games that do stuff that is "a bit fancy" tend to crash the emu (although i think i might have been using Open_Snes or whatever the one that won the coding competition is called).

Atari St emulation is just about perfect
    PCEngine is damned good
    GBC is okay
    NES (Little John) is awesome
    C64 is fantastic
    etc etc...

it's a nice little "homebrew" machine - but the official games STINK.

Comment

Cheers nice one! MAME on it should b wicked eh!

Comment

unfortunately , i think the version of Mame only plays a hand full of games, and not particularly that well

Comment

Ic 'k no worries thx for the info anyways!

Comment

i have a gp32, open snes does suck, the new snes emu is alot better, there isnt any need to overclock to get it to play perfectly.

i do asvise you get a gp32 i didnt get a gba because of it!

Comment

defo a GP32 fan...

much better screen - and plenty of retro gaming! :P

got (litteraly) 100s of ROMs taking up about 64MB LOL

Comment

Hee nice, what games/system do you play most on it?

Comment

Originally posted by gohan1239
                  i have a gp32, open snes does suck, the new snes emu is alot better, there isnt any need to overclock to get it to play perfectly.
                  does the new one run most games then?

Comment

the only SNES game I've had probs with is Pilot Wings (and it's only 'cos it's dog slow!)

the system I play most is the C64 - amazing machine - the first computer/console I owned...got the original bull-nose, 1541, tape deck & too many games all boxed up in th loft!

this little beauty means it don't come down so often!!

also with the C64 it's incredible what they did with 40kb

also the NES, SNES, PCE, ST and Master System get played often

Comment

Wicked, how well does it do Amiga?

Comment

so mit runs the majority of snes games at full speed? thats fantastic?

how much is the lit one? does it take batteries or charge? how big is the internal memory?

Comment

I hasten to add the SNES emu (IMHO) is PLAYABLE, NOT 100% - that's my take, the lit one will prob set you back about ?120 - check on ebay & at lik sang - also a couple other places I can't think of right now.

sounds expensive, but it's a one-off payment - no ?20 per game here

don't think theres any amiga stuff in the pipeline

Comment

ic, so it takes SM cards, whats a good starting capacity and how many games can you have on that, C64, ST etc, and how does it work compare to the likes of gba's flash linker, you have to switch off and then back on again to access the games menu?

Comment

I have 128MB - which is plenty for me...and not too expensive.

MOST emus allow resets 'within' the emu - a couple (can't think off hand) don't...so you need to power down and back up.

Some (like the ST) allow 'save states' - where you effective save at any point...and then just load from that 'SS' rather than having to load the game and start again (or load a svae game) - great

Comment

Working...
                              X