Steel Battalion: Line of Contact

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Steel Battalion: Line of Contact

OK so I've got it now - lovery - excellent over Live, Should please the mech freaks - more playing then I'll update here

u think u ccan get away with that short post......................... u get back here now, oi .....oi.............. ok ignore me, but further updates u here

ps
    did u ever get a projector, as ive finaly got round to ordering (today) a panny tae300 for 750 quid

Comment

good deal

Comment

not realy as ive just found a awesome deal on a sanyo z1 with 3 yr warranty and a free dvd/vcr combi unit for ?693 inc del and vat

Comment

Have you had no probs with live as the americans are moaning big time about not being able to join campain mode,getting disconnected ,laggy games and losing VTs that they have brought?

Comment

Bloody hell thats a bargain on the projector. You got a link to that?

Not that I can afford one myself right now, but I know a few guys who would probably jump at it.

Comment

Is that the US version with a US Xbox? I'm just wondering whether it might be region free...

How long does each mission last?

Salivating at the thought of this game.

Comment

Another question
                So what is campaign mode like exactly? From the views ive read its an ongoing battle so when you leave the battle still continues. How does this affect entering and leaving a game?

Comment

Oof yes please report back if the game is region free or not.

I take it I would be able to play it on my PAL modded xbox anyway, if I changed to EEPROM to a US xbox? I think I can anyway, but cant be sure!

Comment

US Version. Will try to boot it in the PAL machine tonight

ok I managed a few missions last night.

This is what I think it is, haven't had time to get into it hardcore yet

There are a set number of missions you have access to, you can play them in any order, when you complete them you can move up a rung on the ladder to the next lot.

There is an issue were if you disconnect half way through or something bad happens that you can lose stuff, but this is no different to Top Spin or
                    Xbox XSN games. From what I can tell you can avoid this by playing games with good ping rates some people seemed to think it wasn't as bad as others made out... There are other ways to avoid losing stuff by carefully managing what you buy.

Ok onto the game itself:

It seems some of the gloss from SB has been lost, the lovely intro sequence has gone and been left with a bland start screen. You plug the xbox controller in port 2 and use the headset with that.

CUSTOM SOUNDTRACKS ARE SUPPORTED!!!

Its so cool to fire up your VT whilst Born to Be Wild is hammering out of the speakers. The controls are more or less identical but you select who you want to talk too, this part can be a little bit confusing.

YOU CAN PERSONALISE YOUR VT!

Put your own colours and logo on it ! Nice little icon editor for this. I've made mine Girly PInkle

Usual xbox live stuff is supported with friends etc.

The actual game is much harder than the first.

YOU REALLY MUST PLAY AS A TEAM - ITS VITAL!

If you don't you will get hammered alot. There are mission objectives, the first couple of missions are kill the enemy and steel his resources.

The first game I got completely wasted, and its when I realised you really need to play as a team. Second game our team won the mission as I occupied all the bases.

There is an ongoing war that is decided upon who is winning on the individual missions.

Regards,
                    Neil.

[and the goons at dvdbo sent me two copies, see for sale forum ]

Comment

Cheers Neil. Hopefully mine will be on my doorstep from DVDBO when I get home.

Comment

One other cool thing - if you switch the oxygen supply switch off - you will die

Neil.

Comment

Originally posted by fragmast3r
                          not realy as ive just found a awesome deal on a sanyo z1 with 3 yr warranty and a free dvd/vcr combi unit for ?693 inc del and vat
                          ae300 better than z1 I'm afraid

Comment

oh and it seems that there are not enough people on the evil side, so join the evil side, otherwise you wait for a while getting evil players to join up for missions.

Neil.

Comment

I got the game yesterday and jumped onto LIVE when I got home. Tbh I was slightly disappointed. Firstly there seemed to be a distinct lack of games in progress. I tried to connect to a number of games and got disconnected each time after receiving the same error. Both these issues could be down to a) time i tried to connect (8pm gmt) and b) the fact i'm connecting from the UK and there were only US servers.

Of further confusion however was the free for all game i managed to connect to. There were 3 of us and the areana was a big flat circle where you could spawn at different points around the circle. As an intoduction to online play I was very disappointed. There was a ton on lag and the other player kept on firing some kind of firebomb weapon from the other side of the map. Every time I tried to make my way across to attack him I would die from the radius of the bomb effect.

And yes there isn't must in the way of fmv or mission briefing animations. Therefore a lot of the atmosphere from the original was missing.

I think this game is definetly geared towards team combat and hopefully things wil improve with the PAL release, but as it stands im not too sure what to make of it.

FB

Comment

Working...
                              X