Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DC: cool homebrew - Trampalien Gunmen SELFBOOTING NOW!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DC: cool homebrew - Trampalien Gunmen SELFBOOTING NOW!

Firstly let me thank Troy Davis, without whom this project would never have gotten this far. He has worked very hard, and has gone above and beyond to add things, and ensure it runs well.

So let me put a much deserved thanks here, for him helping me to update an old PC game I had made years ago.

The game:
    Tramampolining Gunmen

He programmed everything, basing it off another dreamcast homebrew "Aliens", whilst I worked on concept, design, images and sound. All the easy stuff basically.

Its a work in progress, and has reached v1.07, and its looking absolutely godamned amazing, even if I do say so myself.

Click the image in the above link to download.
    Comes with a PC version, and the DC .bin files. I use "DreamDemo" to load the .bin files, and it can be found at all the good DC homebrew sites.
    Also included is the old PC version I had made years ago.

Load it up in DreamDemo and then test it out with 2 players. AI, time willing, might make it into a future release.

Can you guess who I based the characters on?
    <dons flame proof Nazca fanboy shield>

Tell your friends, pass it around, and let me know what you think.
    Troy can be found on the DC emu boards, along with me under the usernames "GPF" and "Szczepaniak" respectively.

Id link directly there, but Im not sure if it would go against the "no-advertising" rules.
    (if the mods say its ok, Ill some other links here)

Small round of applause for Mr Troy Davis, looking good huh?

Site updated by Troy today, new version looking even sweeter, he's really gone all out to refine how it plays.
    Check out the animation on those metal slug sprites, done by yours truly.

Its got great control, and the music should be improved in one of the next versions.

Also, admin willing, the topic regarding this can be found here:

(if you dont like linking to the topic, feel free to edit this post.

Also, we're toying with the idea of some additions, such as power ups, selectable characters, different arenas, kinda like Street Fighter almost.
    Some would say the concept is a little like a cross between:
    Pong, Metal Slug, Street Fighter and Mappy.

Happy trampolining people.

EDIT:
    The dude has been messing with pics on the webpage, so I removed this second one.
    Sites updated again, this time with a design by me.

Comment

I will be checking this out, it looks very promising.

Cheers!!!

Comment

Nice one!!

But it pales in comparison to my 1337 GBA development.

PACMAN RACERZ!

Ask for links

Comment

I want links, Boog

And good work, Otaku and Troy

Comment

BOOG. LINKS. NOW.

Dont make me come and find you.....

On a side related note, its hit v1.09 which sorted alot of bugs, and has a new URL:

Feel free to pop into the forum there ans make comments, or ask questions.

I also did a cover, which should online once hotmail has sorted itself.

goodnight all

Comment

COVERS!!!

A big thanks to GPF, my associate in crime, for uploading these. 8)

Both done by me.

Front:

Back:

Comment

Run the .bin file in an emulator.

Source included for your perusal :P

Comment

I hadn't forgotten boog, top stuff!

Race the Red ghost (binky?) around a smoothly scrolling arena. It loops off screen as well.
                  Add pacman to hunt down and it would perfect.

Does it work on a flash cart though?

Cheers for the link Mr boog

On a side note, TG has hit v1.18 and we are working on making self booting images. Possibly some cool new additions such as extra charatcers will be added too. Goto the forum thats linked off here:

and discuss the game if you like. Topics on covers, future additions and other extra stuff coming soon.
                  Guests are welcome to post, and you dont have to register.

Comment

We now have disc juggler self booting images!

There is now no reason why every DC owner shoudln't have a self booting burned copy of TG along with the covers sitting on their shelf....
                    Or better yet, playing it in their system!

It genuinely does float the poverbial boat, it also has goats in it, which can no bad thing.
                    Game is 2 players currently, but check out the Storm-Studios forum, where we are discussing additional 1P modes.

A vague comparison would be imagine if the following games started to breed and formed some bizzare hybrid offspring:
                    Street Fighter
                    Metal Slug
                    Pong
                    Namco's Mappy

You know it makes sense!

So go forth, get it, and enjoy!

Its only a 1.5mb download for goodness sake!
                    1.5mb!

http://www.storm-studios.net/GPF/tramp.htm

Comment

Nice cover art work, very reminisecent of Street Fighter W Impact!
                      Good Job mate 8)

Comment

What exactly do you do in the game?
                        Once i know what it is I might download the PC version

btw what is with the name "trampolien gunmen"? It should be "trampoline/trampolining gunmen" surely or am I missing something?

Comment

YES! Street Fighter World Impact was the very cover art that influenced it! Damn dude, you are good!
                          I had it next to me, and thought
                          "Yes, Im going for an impressionist in-your-face look with vibrant colours."

Wow, cant believe you sussed it.

What you do in it?

You are a gunman on a trampoline, and you must shoot another gunman on another trampoline.
                          Think a cross between street fioghter, metal slug, pong and mappy and youd be vagually close.

Its only 1.5mb, so dload the PC version and test it! It takes a couple of minutes to get.

We're currently adding more charatcers and AI, as well as cool bonus mini games.
                          Though currently 2P only, it is damned good fun if you can drag another person to the PC.

Right now ive just sent a big zip load of fresh stuff to Troy, and ive reworked most of the graphics. Its looking real good, though we havent updated the site yet.
                          We're entered into a competition that would allow it to be marketed like "Feet of fury", so the free downloads are on hold currently.
                          But get the current version, and regard it as a free taster demo.
                          Wish us luck, there were 5 entries including ours, and judging concludes any day now.

As for he name, its intentional.

Originally, my QB version was called
                          "Tramampolining Gunmen", which is a Simspons reference to when he gets a free trampoline.

Since we based the coding on "Aliens" on the DC, and also since I was getting sick and tired of typing Tramampolining all the time, we decided to change it to "Trampalien".

Its still a mutation of the word "Trampoline", but in homage to the code we orignally based it on. its also damn shorter to write out.
                          Interestingly, we've modified the code so much, I dont think it actually contains any of the roginal "Aliens" code.

Just a bit of surreal humour.

Wait until you get the full version with characters and bizzare chicken theft narrative. We currently have a rancid Hobo, a cheese spitting goat, a tally ho lord of the manor and a dual gunned kinky woman ballerina.
                          Some of the humour was lifted right out of digi, since I am a fan.
                          Expect all this in future updates.

For full character profiles, goto

and clickt he forums link, there should be a topic with additions we are working on for it.

Comment

Latest character designs (full stats profiles and narrative features for them can found at Storm-Studios forum.):

Mango

Finn

Mary-Jane

Minty Jefferson

Hobo

Classic Character

Comment

BIG ANNOUNCEMENT!!!

Work has started today on a 3d, top down version of "Pac Man Ghost Racer".

It will feature:

large tile-based backgrounds.

And that is about all.

If you want to see a work in progress screen shot, imagine a great big black box. :P

But seriously, I've managed to write an engine that will take in meshes, compile and cache them into OpenGL display lists, and render them. Only rendering the actual meshes on screen.

Watch this space...

Comment

Working...
                              X