Aliens VS. Predator CPSII - Any good?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aliens VS. Predator CPSII - Any good?

I've been offered this game for ?50 and i'm just wondering if anybody has got any feedback on it.

Is it any good, worth picking up?

?50 is a good price
    I've only got limited experience of the game, playing it in Kawa-x, but it was very good and I'm sure it'd be even better in a cab, so I'd say go for it

Comment

yeah dude go for it if you like side scrolling beat em ups. Only thing to check though is the age and make sure you see it working cos of the suicide chip in the CPS2. Ask if the battery has been replaced recently etc.

Comment

Its not a great game imo. Capcom have done better and in a way the Konami Aliens game is better. At the end of the day its an ok game worth playing through Mame, I wouldn`t reccomend buying it for more than ?10.

Comment

If i don't really like it i should be able to make the money back if i sell it on ebay.

I asked him about the battery and he said he didn't know, so i'll probably change it when i get it.

Comment

Unsure of its resell value...may depend on whether you get the A+B boards. But i would say that it would hold its value.

I would do a bit of research about CPS2 Suicide as its not as simple as just swapping a battery in and out.

Comment

Originally posted by geldra
              Unsure of its resell value...may depend on whether you get the A+B boards. But i would say that it would hold its value.

I would do a bit of research about CPS2 Suicide as its not as simple as just swapping a battery in and out.
              If i stick it on ebay it would probably get that.

Yeah i know, with the suicide batteries you need to unsolder the old one and put the new one back in within an hour.

Comment

yeah kinda, thats the theory anyway. I've never done it myself...heres a good site: http://cps2shock.retrogames.com/suicide.html

Comment

From what I can remember it was just ok, but maybe my memory has been unkind.

Ebay as usual is a great source of surprise - Castlevania on the PSone for ?100+?

Comment

Have been considering this one myself after seeing a couple recently. Decided against it mainly because of space. It's worth around ?100 with A+B boards.

Comment

You lot are mad

Aliens Vs Predator is Capcom's finest pre Joe scrolling beat em up. There's a lot to the combat yet the controls are simple (3 buttons attack, jump, special), you have simple command attacks like down-up + attack for the Predators aerial juggles, or hold a button to charge Kurasawa's fireball, df+jump to slide and a special weapon which overheats on a separate button, putting it all together would go like (Predator Warrior):

Attacks (multiple, down-up Attack, taps in mid air, df+ jump (slide) then special attack.

You also have throws, the Predators can lose their spears and have to fight bare handed (the combos are sick! ), there's LOADS of stuff to pick up from the Predator boomerang style blades to the Marine Pulse Rifle (with proper sample)- there are bonus stages where you are on the APC (from Aliens) and have to hold of a hoarde of aliens with gunfire.

It's a damn good game and one of the best examples of the genre - dont let anyone tell you different.

Comment

I've got to agree with Saurian on this one, you lot are mad.

Alien Vs Predator is easily one of Capcom's finest beat-em-ups and is a bargain at ?50. As Saur has already mentioned, there's some extremely deep gameplay in there and its extremely rewarding to play (if a little short).

Check out the DPS in the latest issue of gamesTM

Comment

what Saurian said.

I have Aliens and have played a hell of a lot of AvP...

AvP really is a cut above Aliens IMO.

But out here, it's 34,000 yen - ie: 175+ quid.

Comment

Great game, though i only ever chose the women (and still do on emu), its just so much fun to try to stay air born with her crazy air combos and air throws, you could stay in the air for ages, and her dashing blade attacks rule

Comment

CPS AvP is the best thing that's ever featured both species. Good game - well worth ?50.

You gotta find The Punisher too if you don't already own it - before Marvel release the crappy film and interest goes up. AvP + The Punisher go hand in hand.

Captian Commando as well, damn, you're making me want a Supergun.

Comment

Working...
                              X