Max Payne Advance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Max Payne Advance

Has anyone been playing this? It's really rather impressive i must say - I'd never thought it would be this enjoyable. Obviously it can't compete against the console versions - but what Rockstar have done is kept the main fancy ingredients of the game (bullet-time) and worked around the graphics. The graphics are done in an isometric manner like The Sims and is flick-screen. Animation is pretty good too, nifty movements on the main character and when bullet-time is activated everything slows down in slow-mo and even the sound effects are slowed down too - impressive for GBA. Loads of enemies on-screen too at times.

The sound effects are cool, what's particularly impressive is that all the cut-scenes are all intact as well as the speech narrations! I think this is the most speech i've ever heard from a GBA.

Most of the missions from the console/pc versions are in there, albeit slightly changed somewhat but they are pretty much similar.

Overall thoroughly enjoyable game, took me by surprise! hehe

This game brings back the memories, the days of classic isometric games; C64 Vendetta and The Last Ninja

Working...
X