Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bionic Commando

Hey

Just wondering, if anyone know's of any other versions of this great game. I absolutely love this game on the original GB , not too much of a fan of the arcade original though. The gameplay seems slightly backward in comparison.

What other versions are there of this game? I'm gonna guess maybe the NES might have one, but have they remade it in any way, shape or form recently?

Anyone else like/played it?

Look for the UK version of the C64 game... decent graphics, stunning music, lovely playability
    Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Another vote for the C64 version here, although it was a straight port of the arcade version (albeit with better music).

Comment

NES defo has one...

Comment

The C64 one took up a lot of my six weeks school holidays when I was 11. The music is excellent but the graphics aren't up to much, imo (even the Specutrum version looks better).

Comment

Had the NES version, didn't even know about other versions. There was even a book which I had, one of those choose your own adventure things where you change to a different page depending on which way you want the story to go

Good game

Comment

I used to have the Amiga version. Pretty much a straight port of the arcade one, but you had 5 lives to do the whole game in, and there was a weird scrolling method that meant you'd have trouble attacking stuff that was offscreen, which would then rush up and kill you. Still, it was semi-fun, not bad music too. Could never get very far.
              There were 2 GB versions- the GB(b/w) version, which had neat anime cutscenes and stuff, and a GBC version (Bionic Commando Elite Forces) which isnt all that bad considering it was made by some US team (i think). Nice animation.

http://www.vgmuseum.com/pics8/bionicce.html - screens here.

Comment

Does anyone know where I can order the GBC Version? or will I just have to try my luck on eBay?

Thanks for all the replies so far

Comment

it was ok but deadly hard on the C64, i have it on mame and its still just as hard as it was 15 years or more ago!!

Comment

I had the speccy version and that was rock.

Still a fantastic game, what's so bad about the arcade version anyway, I'd always thought I might pick this up on PCB one day.

If you are a fan of the main character "Super Joe" then check out Speed Rumbler or Rush & Crash, one of my fave arcade games of all time.

Comment

Working...
                    X