Arcade Site

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Arcade Site

I'm a big fan of Inertia's Arcade Perfect but the site is really dead recently.

There are other arcade sites out there but they generally concentrate on specific aspects like shmups, Vs fighters, construction and ROMs.

I'm thinking about something more broad that would encompass all the aspects of the arcade, old and new.

What I'd be aiming for is a good community spirit and lost of forum activity within a year or two. I'm not a fantastic writer so I'd be inclined to try and concentrate on news rather than articles. Do you think there's a demand for this kind of thing if it was done well?

Finally, any good name ideas? I'm currently thinking of going with Altered Beast just because I've always liked the way the name sounds but I know that wouldn't necessarily be appropriate.

I'm looking for something clever like Arcade Perfect rather than generic like Insert Credit or 1-up.

Ah.. forgot the link.

Main site coming shortly. I just haven't worked how to set up the Invision Portal yet.

Comment

Sounds like a good idea, I have always toyed with the idea of a site that lists the UK's arcades and their known lineup. Would need the help of locals for that area to provide updated information on what has changes.

Could also have reviews of the new games and news on upcoming arcade games.

Comment

and a section as a guide on buying an old JAMMA cabinet or related to use at home.

I reckon there's probably the ppl out there to use it, just a matter of trying to let them know about it.

Comment

I would definitely use a site like this.

I'm often out and about round the UK and am also interested in setting myself up with a decent cabinet system, whether JAMMA or MAME based.

Comment

Working...
          X