Some old ps2 games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some old ps2 games

Is Bouncer and Oni worth it for ?7 each?

I fan of Dreamfactory's games so i reckon Bouncer's a must, even if it is average.

Playstation 2 retro? I think not, get back to general gaming heathen.

Someone paying you ?1 to take the bouncer away is still not a great deal.

Comment

retro

Comment

sorry to use to the brand spanking new graphics on the xbox/gc/pc, so i lumped with the dreamcast sub-consciously.

plus them games are pretty old, we talking 3-4 years now.

Comment

Oni is a sub-par scrolling fighter from Bungie. Of historical interest, but little more. I certainly wouldn't give you more than a couple of quid for it.

The Bouncer is so bad, though, that I wouldn't bother to play it for free.

Comment

I'm a bit mixed on both games. The Bouncer DOES kind of of play like a scrolling beat em up version of DF's Ehrgeiz/Tobal, only with less moves, and not as much gameplay as story. But it's short, and has little replay value cos there's just not enough "game" in there - something that a lot of early PS2 games suffered from. It kind of feels more like an interactive movie where you play the fight scenes to be honest. Nice character designs and graphics though, and there's a 4p VS mode which I haven't really played much of. I bought it cheap too, as it was something I wasn't sure of.

Oni isn't too bad, but just gets old after a while. The levels are pretty long, and the fighting isn't too bad, but weapons get overused - later on in the game, half the enemies snipe you with this annoying railgun weapon that can kill you in a few hits. Levels get samey the more you get into it too. I only borrowed it for a mate for a few weeks, and didn't play it much - i'd say I got halfway through.

Still, both for ?15 isn't too bad. Just wouldn't pay full price for either game, as they're a bit average.

Comment

Get the bouncer cos it looks lurvley! forget oni! at least with bouncer you can have some eye candy!

Comment

The Bouncer is a big pile of dog **** that has gone white and crumbly in the sun.

Comment

I'll think i'll get bouncer just because it was one of last games Dreamfactory did before Square scuppered them, was the PAL release any good or do huge borders surround it like all early PS2 games?

Comment

Originally posted by Wrong thinking people
                    Oni is a sub-par scrolling fighter from Bungie. Of historical interest, but little more. I certainly wouldn't give you more than a couple of quid for it

&

Oni isn't too bad, but just gets old after a while. The levels are pretty long, and the fighting isn't too bad, but weapons get overused - later on in the game, half the enemies snipe you with this annoying railgun weapon that can kill you in a few hits. Levels get samey the more you get into it too. I only borrowed it for a mate for a few weeks, and didn't play it much - i'd say I got halfway through.
                    Your opinions are wrong and you have no right to express them. I loved Oni PC. Despite the bug that wiped your save games. Best example of an updated Streets of Rage I've played. Yes, the enemies at the end did tend to snipe you, but only when they were in sniper positions, and there were ways round it.

The plot built to a magnificent cresendo around 2/3 of the way through, till it got to Moodmon's most emotional moment in a video game ever (TM). It fell away after that.

It was very tough, but you get to find techno-ninja's, and you could pull off the best back-breaker ever. Gotta love Konoko.

Heard bad things about the PS2 version mind.

Comment

Hey hey. There's no such thing as a wrong opinion, really, especially on a forum such as this one. I'd understand if you called a custy review on Amazon a wrong opinion

Opinion is just that - it took my little 9 yr old cousin, convincing me that Sven Goran Eriksson's footy game on PS2 was better than Winning Eleven and Fifa (neither of which he had played ), for me to realise that opinion is simply based on experience.

Oh and here's my opinion:

I haven't played Oni so I shall say nothing regarding that

Bouncer, on the other hand, had all the hallmarks of a PS2 launch title - namely that flickery 50Hz look even though it was a JAP game. Bought it and returned it quickety-quick. Fair enough the flicker was most likely due to that weird way PS2 draws the screen (half-half) but still...

But then that's just my opinion. I'm not implying that you buy or don't buy either of the two games. I got Bouncer for a fiver and got three quid exchange so only lost out two quid (maths, aah).

Comment

Working...
                      X