MAME 0.80 problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MAME 0.80 problem

I had 0.76 running fine for ages, decided to upgrade to 0.80 and the games run fine (although one gives me an error message for some reason) but since the upgrade I can't acess the config menu anymore - the one you access by hitting tab.

Anyone else had this?

Can't say that I have... weird...
    Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Obiviously mame is always being updated, but all i can suggest is that you ensure you install new versions in different directories, rather then overwrite current ones.

You proberly know that.

Comment

tab menu works ok for me in v.80, try deleting your mame .ini files.

Comment

Yeah if this happens delete the .cfg file for the problematic game. If it does it on every game just delete the .ini file like Papercut suggested.

Comment

Reinstalled it all and got the tab screen back.

What I now have in 0.80 is a bunch of errors come up when I audit the games, errors I didn't have before. A lot of them say INCORRECT CHECKSUM and its screwed up the graphics

Have 16 games that now won't work which previously worked fine

Comment

They changed some games ROMs for MAME 0.80, new/different files and different dumps, so you'll need the proper ones for it now. Happens almost every version of MAME that comes out.
              Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

That's what I thought, the problem though is how do I know if I'm getting a compatible version when I get a rom.

I re-DL'd Metal Slug for example but had the same problems.

Comment

Working...
                X