Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just finished watching every episode of 24 Season 1 (for the first time) over Fri-Sun.

I realise i might be a bit late to this party so to speak, as i was with Alias, but thought i would just post and say what a fantastic series it is.

I would even say i prefer it over Alias as a show, and that is saying something as it would take a lot to beat a show starring Jen Garner running around in sexy costumes with a gun. Jack Bauer is without doubt the man, someone who will get the job done no matter what it takes. Plus, the added bonus of Elisha Cuthbert = eye candy.

I s'pose i better put the next bit in spoilers quotes just in case anyone else hasn't watched S1.

Originally posted by spoiler
    I thought the first episode was brilliant. I was defitnely sucked in too thinking the photographer was the assassin. Good old Mandy.

E6 - Teri finds out that the body found in the car is Alan York.

E23 - Nina Myers is revealed as a second mole in CTU. Great stuff. Someone speaking in a Serbian accent, camera moves back to reveal Myers. Sent a shiver down my spine i tell you. Wasn't expecting that, although maybe i was just too slow on the uptake.

E24 - Jack's shooting rampage against the Drazens. Not a man to be messed with. How many bullets did Victor (Dennis Hopper) take?

Not many negatives. Teri's amnesia was a bit of a yawn. Also, Sherry Palmer must rank as the #1 character in TV history i would most like to slap.
    All in all thoroughly enjoyed the whole series. Just ordered S2 which i hope will be just as good.

Of course, the only slight hitch with season one is that the last minute decision to up it's half-run (the first 12 episodes) to a full season means it actually doesn't make any sense at all. But viewed as two separate sections, and it's absolutely fantastic television. Season Two is better though, IMHO.

Comment

Series one is fantastic, no doubt about that IMO. But series two is honestly better in every way.

More twists, much more serious plot, more interesting ideas, better twists, better action, better characters...the whole package was a jaw-dropper for me. I watched it pretty much non-stop over the course of two days and loved every minute of it

I haven't seen any of series 3 yet but when I get it on DVD, I aim to watch it in exactly the same way as I did with series 2: buy it Friday afternoon, and watch it almost non-stop, finishing on Sunday evening

Comment

I was disappointed with series 2, mainly because of Kim. No probs with S3 so far though!

Comment

The Kim element of S2 is mostly painfully weak, but for my money, redeemed by the very last twist (the one at the end of the penultimate episode, I think it is), a twist that provided for me one of the strongest moments in 24's history.

Originally posted by spoiler
          For the record, I'm talking about her murder of Gary Matheson, a flawlessly handled moment of genuine drama.

Comment

4 hours to go on season 2. Thought I was about to get a spoiler there. My eyes were spazzing out trying to look elsewhee. If you thought Jack was the man in S1, check him out in S2.

Comment

got Series1 on dvd still shrinkwrapped atm that came midweek

not had time to play it with the games ive been buying and PC clan games!

gonna try and start it early next week (off work atm after a major operation) and see if i can watch it in a couple of sittings!!

I Watched Oz Series3 and TheShield series2 back to back in one sitting (21 shows) so this will be fun

Comment

Season One rocked.

Season Two smacked it up, then stole its wallet and screwed its girlfriend.

Season Three started off weak but picked up in a serious way halfway through and is looking to ratchet things up like never before.

As for comparing it to Alias... If I had to choose between Jack Bauer and Jack Bristow as to who was the hardest... I don't know which way I'd go on that one. Both will ****ing wreck your world if you get in their way, and both have daughters I'd love to sex up all night long.

Comment

24 = best show ever

Comment

I started watching 24 on Series 2. Is there any point watching S1 retrospectively? After all, knowing that: Jack's wife get's offed; Nina is a traitor; the President (elect) does not die; George is a top bloke... etc.... wouldn't know all those sort of things spoil the tension?

Comment

Yes but its still a very entertaining watch and S1 can be had for a bargain ?18 so its worth it.

I inadvertantly read a spoiler on S1 about Terri (damn amazon reviews) quite annoying but didn't spoil the enjoyment. By seeing the cover of series 2 I knew David Palmer wouldn't be killed

Comment

Watched the first episode of S2 this morning.

Jack Bauer - "I'm gonna need a hacksaw."

Privateer - Take your point about some of S1 not making too much sense.

Comment

Series 3 from episode 10 onwards (not yet shown on Sky) gets really good and Episode 16 is finally on in the States tonight after a 5 week break ft: wonder if Sky will show all 24 episodes consecutively or will be forced to take a break also ?

Comment

I finished watching series 1 after buying it from 101cd for a magical ?18. Best series ever!.Ill prob get series 2 soon.

Chadruharazzeb shouldn't you edit your spoilers for those that havent seen all of 24 series 1.

Comment

Well I didn't see any of S1, but I assumed that since we're halfway through the third series, all that stuff was pretty obvious!

Comment

Working...
                              X