Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'd forgotten how good Super Mario World is...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd forgotten how good Super Mario World is...

Just finished SMW again this morning, having not played it for about 10 years - I know it's taken as read that it's a great game, but I'd forgotten just how fantastic it is; subtle touches to make you smile, beautiful controls, a fantastic honky-tonk piano track & fun, fun gameplay.

Thoroughly enjoyed it from start to finish (even Cheese Bridge & the special worlds )

Anyone else replayed this beauty recently?

I replayed this recently too, and I have to say it's the best Mario game EVAR!!

I love Choco Island the best, with the various slanting ledges and multiple exits depending on how quick you go.

Best thing about this game is that it appeals to all. It's piss easy to finish the levels, but getting the harder exits are just NASTY! I managed Cheese Bridge first time though! ^_^

Tubular, anyone?

Comment

If around a year ago qualifies as "recently" then yep, me too.
      I love that game. The best ?109.99 I ever spent (I bought a SNES especially for it after playing it for the first time on my cousin's machine)
      No matter what happens in the future, it'll always be in my all-time top 10.

Comment

Playing the GBA version at the moment. I think I put more hours into the original on the SNES than any other game. It is 2D platforming perfection. I would love it so much if Nintendo did a 2D Mario game on the Cube.. *sighs wistfully*

Tubular was a bitch, but I found it quite easy on the GBA. In fact I'm finding it all really easy - it's kind of scary how much of it I remember from playing the first time round.

Comment

I went back to it about 2 years ago when I picked up the GBA version and replayed the whole thing from start to finish in about 2 days, with full completion.

I remember when I completed it on the SNES all those years ago, I had 91 levels and could not find the remaining 5 anywhere. I think it was reading Super Play where I learnt you had to complete the Star Worlds twice each (once for the regular exit, and once of rth secret exit that unlocked the route to the next star).

Evil game design

I still prefer Super Mario Bros. 3 though.

Comment

My mate and his wife are playing this through for the first time ever on the GBAsp. Donna can't get over how great it is.

Initially, I thought that she'd get bored and pack it in after a couple of hours - She's anything BUT a gamer. Now though, she's got like 75 paths unlocked and is attempting the cheese bridge suicide dive. Mark is still stuck in the forest somewhere after 2 weeks.

It's crazy, she calls me at 11pm some nights requesting help with the ghost houses.

The last time I called round she had SMW fridge magnets all over their fridge! I was like - "Where'd you get those!!?? "

Once they've finished it I'm introducing them to a Link to the Past.

Comment

I'm putting off playing this again, and Zelda OoT until I'm old and senile and forgot most of the whole game.

Damn, that's a long wait

Comment

Hehee, it's a classic game - currently me back on Super Mario Advance (SMB2) this is one tough cookie, as you require to pull plants out and use 'em as weapons and that, along with a load of fiendish levels i'd say it's harder than SMW!

Comment

Originally posted by Dragon2k4
                  Hehee, it's a classic game - currently me back on Super Mario Advance (SMB2) this is one tough cookie, as you require to pull plants out and use 'em as weapons and that, along with a load of fiendish levels i'd say it's harder than SMW!
                  SMB2 does not deserve to be even mentioned in the same thread as SMW.

Comment

I have no real qualms about naming it the best game ive ever played, wanted to pick it up in Akiba, saw it only once at about ?30!
                    A touch steep

Comment

I've actually been playing it lately too... such an awesome game.

I cheated on the cheese bridge though and used Yoshi rather than suicide dive :P

Comment

Best Game Ever

i recently completed it again on gba and i have to say it is easier than the snes version.

Comment

I don't know about best game ever but easily the best Mario game. But, I do believe the GBA version is easier than the original.

Comment

Coloured Yoshis appear outside of Star Road, which makes things a LOT easier. The easiest way to complete many of the levels is with a blue Yoshi.

Cleared Star Road last night while making the tea - no Mario masks for the Koopas. Boo. Haven't played it with Luigi cos I hate his abomination of a jump, horrible floaty nonsense.

Comment

SMW Rules! I forget how many times I have completed it. The only big titled Mario game that has disappointed me is Mario sunshine.

Comment

Working...
                              X