Transformers (PS2 1 Level Demo)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Transformers (PS2 1 Level Demo)

Ok i dont know if this should go here as it is only a first play of the demo given free with MCV today and should be on PS2 official magazine this month.Hopefully some other people may have the chance to have played this and can share some comments about it as well as just me, as it stands from the demo though im bloody impressed.

Onward..
    Startsup with 50/60hz option which is always a good thing, You then can start game with 3 difficulty levels Rookie, Veteran and Commander only Rookie is on the demo, presentation is really nice too starts inside the command central with 3 Autobots sitting down charging up, those three are..

Optimus Prime
    Transformed state: Tractor Truck

Hot Shot
    Transformed state: Sports Car

Red Alert
    Transformed state: Suburban Utility Vehicle

In the full game you will also have the option to change your Mini Cons in that area, of which there are about 40 in the full game, but you can only equip 4 at a time.You can only pick Hot Shot on the demo on which he say 'Hot Shot ready for action.' you start the level going through warp gate to an Amazon level.
    Starts in an open part of green with a moutainlike wall in front you to scale, once you get there you get a codec style message (which you have to press select to hear) from Optimus taking you through the controls and giving you mission briefs. First enemy you take out is on top of the moutain top, blows up with nicely explosion effect when he goes, then Optimus tell you a Mini Con is close which you have to collect,from the top you then spy a nice big droship flying past the very open, very vast level in front you now i took it this way......
    Made the Transformer noise, turned into sports car drove down to bad guys Transformed back flew through the air spun round and blew them appart which was WELL FUN and collected my first Mini Cons (epuips Rockets) which epuips into the 4 trigger slots.
    After that i had a wee drive around and found a warp gate (which also acts as restart spot) now in the full game these will be handy i assume as you can then go back to base and epuip different mini cons for different situations ahead.
    Onward across a broken bridge i go with platform style jumping up ahead i see a very large pyramid ruin where optimus tell me anonther mini con is being held, go round and bamn the bots are at the front door take and theres more take em out with rockets equiped and go into ruin where a main bot general is standing around the mini con with a wee army of about 10-12 bots striding up and down past them, he spots me and uh oh blast start a coming my way i jump down try and take em all on and get my robot arse kicked..sooooo...i will take a different slant next try as in keeping my missles and taking them all out. Then find another mini con who equips an Energy Vision bit like thermal vision but for robots.
    You then scale the wall around the ruin, this is where you really can see very far on top of the ruins shows very nice draw distance, including a really nice waterfall and a dropship hovering above it which is your next destination, queue Optimus telling you to go over to waterfall and howto Transform into your car, now this part is a bit like a rally section you scale up a track running over bigger bots as you get higher try go across waterfall.....end of demo.

I gotta say i am really impressed with this demo, it shows off the game very nicely and we ran it in work today the kids and the parents were both talking about it, think thats what going to be so appealing about it.
    Hope the above wasnt a mess n all, if anyone wants to ask any questions feel free as im off to play the demo again see if there is anything i missed perhaps.

I got it too, love the front cd cover

I only got to play it for 5 minutes, up to where you see the shop takes off. It looks good however.

Im waiting for the PC version personally, however, i hope its not like W40K:Firewarrior, a ****ty PS2 port :/

But i cant wait to play it properly

Comment

Sounds great but just out of interest I get MCV and it didn't have any Transformers demo disc in it, they were on the front but all I got was some stupid Pool Paradise promotional guff.

What gives...?

Comment

This is new transformers isn't it. Hot Shot? Blehhhh.

Comment

Sounds interesting but it only has 32,000 possible Minicon customisation options, though, doesn't it? Must be bloody rubbish then.

When's the full version out?

Comment

I played it, and thought it was just your average 3rd person shootem up really. I started to get into it a little more just as i got to do an actual driving section, but then the demo ended. tsk.

average

AVERAGE!

don't let the transformers fool you!

HYPE-O-RAMA!

Comment

Working...
            X