Malice (PS2)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Malice (PS2)

Yea, I played it. I was gonna wait for a review of some sort, but I'm a platform-gaming nut and figured "its from the people who made I-ninja, how bad can it be"

Answer - really quite bad indeed.

First the good points. It looks quite nice in places. There is a lovely shimmering light effect over everything like in Prince of Persia, some of the dialogue is funny in a sort of cringeworthy way, and there are a couple decent-ish puzzles in there.

Now the bad. Shimmering light-effect aside, the graphics are full of glitches and wobbily textures. Walls wobble, things (object and enemies) suddely appear in front of you and the 16:9 widescreen mode dosent actually work properly (the polygons are the correct ratio, but the HUD is not - so it looks stretched. Odd when you consider that the game defaults to widescreen).
    The controls are a bit crap. You cant actually move arround while swinging your hammer, so combat is uninteresting.
    The game is extremely easy. I went through the entire game and never died once. Even the boss battles are a doddle because, each time you score a hit on the boss, it spits out a couple health power-ups. Couple that with the fact that they arnt the toughest bosses anyway.........
    The game is extremely short. I finished it in 4 hours - and that includes some time spent pissing arround with the bonus games.
    The ending is rubbish -its basically one line of dialogue then you get put straight back to the menu screen.

Good thing I bought it from Game - I took it back and got a full refund.

I feared that it would be crap by the way it just dribbled onto the shelves.

Comment

Is this the very same Malice that was once championed as a must-have Xbox title in the system's pre-release days? Girl with a very large hammer? Nice to see that turned out so well!

Comment

Argonaut in 'much-hyped game turns out to be a bit dull and a bit crap' non-shocka!

Comment

Jez San isn`t a God I think someone should let him down gently.

Comment

Working...
          X