thunderforce 4 (megadrive) anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thunderforce 4 (megadrive) anyone?

now that was a great (if not the greatest) shooter.

every time i finished it (with music blasting from my headphones),
    i shivered for about 5 minutes just to ease off the adrenaline, phew!!

Thunderforce III was always my fave out of the series although they are all brilliant I agree.

Comment

One thing that i remember the most was the great music - especially on level one when you go down into the water and then on to fight the end boss.

Did you ever manage to complete the game without the 99 lives cheat - i found it impossibe

Great game though, alongside hellfire and Gynoug.

Comment

i have finished it on normal without the cheat

although hard was just too hard especially that level with
        the multiple end bosses( that alien egg thats lifted by the insect)

Comment

Yeah this was one of the most impressive shooters I played at the time, great challenge, levels, bosses and outstanding music second only to Thundercross 2 for this type of game.

Comment

I used to get to level 6 with one credit in Maniac mode. The final levels seemed impossible to me (and as far as I know the Japanese version doesn't have the 99 lives cheat) ! One of my all times fav shooters, undoubtedly.

Comment

I can't believe I've had this for months and never really played it. I loved it when I tried it tho, must find my MD RGB cable so I can play this (and Mega Bomberman) properly.

Comment

Oh yeah, this game is off-the-chain. Nice huge sprites in that japanese style and fast framerate! It looks more like a 32-bit era game.

I have fond memories of Thunderforce 2 though because it's the first game I ever bought for the Megadrive. Thunderforce 2 had the top-view scrolling levels alternating with horizontal levels.

Comment

Working...
                X