Famicom bootleg heaven on eBay (WTF?!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Famicom bootleg heaven on eBay (WTF?!)

Note to admin, since this regards famicom bootlegs, if its innapropriate, feel free to remove the topic.
    (as opposed to banning me)

During my regular eBay searches, I spotted this wierd stuff.

the creme de la creme

One word gentlemen:
    WTF?!

Most of those are probably sprite hacks of other games, alot of "mario #" games Ive seen were actually adventure island with a replaced sprite, but what in gods name could pokemone be?
    A sprite hack or an actually recoded game?

I know there was a famicom version of the SNES Donkey Kong Country 2, where some clever programmer programmed the whole first 3 levels.
    Apparently it went up for big money on ebay.

SOmeone also totally redid the Snes SMW for the Famicom, except with some of the bigger bosses and special fx missing.

Could this be the same? A totally recoded game?

Your thoughts please gentlemen, I may have to purchase this, since I am very intrigued.

I decided againt emailing the buyers, since Im guessing they fully realise they are not legitimate games.

Sorry if anyone dislikes the posting of such info, but really the legality should be on eBays head.

I've seen a Mario 64 for the GameBoy. This doesn't surprise me.

Comment

I would keep an eye on it and if it goes for a cheap price then snap it up. If its only a ?10 or so then you have nothing to lose.

Check it out when you get it and then you willl know. If its a game with replaced sprites then just sell it on.

no harm done.

Comment

Ban otaku84 before he corrupts us all

Comment

Its real.

A quick hunt and testing of Pokemon Gold, by some group calling themselves "Mars" reveals that PokeGold at least, is a full conversion.
          Chinese only interestingly, theres not a smidgen of English or Japanese in it.

I cant imagine how trading is done though.

Will have to keep my eyes on this, since if Im correct, then even if its not a full port, (unlikely due to the size of Silver, the Gold version weighed in at a measly 300K), its got most of the early sections probably.

You gotta marvel at these guys, painstakingly porting the entire early sections of another game to the Famicom. Played SMW yesterday, poor jumping physics, by they must have gone to alot of trouble to do it.

Will keep you posted as I get info. If I get info.

Comment

Originally posted by Naiera
            What was that like?

Comment

My bootleg famicom came with a cart with a load of hacked games on it.
              One game resembles Adventure Island, but with the main sprite replaced with a sprite of Pikachu!

Comment

Originally posted by James Harvey
                Originally posted by Naiera
                What was that like?
                Didn't see the game run, but it was most likely poo...

Comment

No mention of Gold, so I guess that Silver must be this.

Comment

Working...
                  X