Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pikmin 2

Play Asia nice and early again!

Most importantly (to me) works fine with freeloader/ AR, saved game takes up 27 slots and loads up fine.

Noticably more production has gone into this vs the first game, lengthy intro movie if you leave it on the start screen.

Intro-type first level: easy once you've figured out that you can switch characters! Inventory style - record af badguys/things you see/ ship bits looks quite nice (but obviously mostly unintelligible to non jpn) Louie seems to play the same (but has a different whistle sound!)

Level 2 seems to have a sun (time limit) though - I thought they were going to take this out?

2p mode seems to have quite a few different scenarios.

Can't get more into the game right now as have an exam, unfortunately - anyone care to continue?

--
    bbw

Does it have LAN play?
    Have a look on the back of the box please, should say it.
    Fingers crossed....

Comment

Originally posted by bigbadwolf
      Level 2 seems to have a sun (time limit) though - I thought they were going to take this out?
      The 30 day time limit has gone, but the day time limit remains. And rightly so I might add!

Comment

Bloody hell that was fast. What shipping method did you use?

I have a feeling that PGC were mistaken about LAN play, surely we would have heard of by now if it was included.

Bigbadwolf, just wondering how the 2p versus mode is constructed. Is it a similar to the Challenge mode in the first game of is it more a capture the flag type thing?

Comment

Thanks for the impressions

Is the language barrier a problem? I want this NOW but not if there's too much Japanese text to wade through.

If there is I'll have to wait for the US version

Comment

Wow. My goodness that was fast *Adam wants his copy now too...*

Out of interest... what do you think of the music? I found Pikmin's music was wonderfully relaxing ? yet very experimental. I loved it. Is this more experimental ? more of the same or completely different?

Also (sorry for the questions. Just really excited about this one. heh) Have u had a chance to check out the 2 player modes yet? I personally, and sadly, wont be able to use them much myself, yet am intrigued.

Glad you seem to be enjoying it. I cant wait to get mine...

*Pokes Play-Asia*
            ----Member since April 2002

http://www.redbubble.com/people/adamstone

Comment

LAN play - don't think so (can't see anything to indicate it)
              GBA E-reader stuff though (whoopee) and some cards are included in the pack.

The 2p versus mode availale from the start is capture-the-marbles! 10 arenas and plays pretty well - you can set the pikmin on each other (and they jump on your head and bash you!). Collecting four yellow marbles or the opponents marble (right by his base) will win you the match, and each marble will give you a bonus-item roulette too.

Haven't unlocked a challenge mode thing yet though (I don't think) but maybe there's 2p in that also. The main quest is 1p only, you just switch to which captain you want to use - good for multi tasking.

Language not a problem if you just want to play, there is quite a lot of extraneous text in the game though so if you just _have_ to know what's going on wait for the translation.

Music more of the same, gentle and blends in very well.

--
              bbw

Comment

does the character you are NOT using do anything? eg does he grow more pikmin ready for you to use?

Comment

No, he just sits around where you left him. Or he'll follow you around if he's in your whistled group. It's handy for multitasking though, as you can have one guy in the field directling the Pikmin and then the other can control them once they've brought something back to the onions.

Done the first underground section now, it's a bit different to above and the time limit goes away. On to the second area with red, purple mins...

Still have exams though, otherwise I'd be hammering through it

Comment

Anything else to add? Out of interest how highly did you rate the first Pikmin game and how do you rate this one so far?

Comment

Originally posted by SharkAttack
                      Originally posted by bigbadwolf
                      The 30 day time limit has gone, but the day time limit remains. And rightly so I might add!

Hows that work then is it a case of carrying on the level the next day, with any enamies killed/walls took down etc. not being there?

Comment

same as the first game surely?
                        ...where any enemies stayed dead as long as each next day was in the same level.

Comment

Below is a link from another messageboard of some good Pikmin 2 impressions and screenshots...

Comment

Anyone else still waiting for their Pikmin 2 pre-order from Play-Asia?
                            Its the first time I've pre-ordered from them and was hoping to have it by now.
                            They said they'd posted it on Saturday, but still not got it yet

Comment

What shipping method did you choose?

Normal post usually takes at the least 5 days and sometimes upto slightly less than 2 weeks.

EMS or courier for me at least has always been 3 or 4 working days.

I'm expecting mine maybe tomorow or possibly Saturday.

Comment

Working...
                              X