Marvel vs Capcom2 (DC) Jpn version

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Marvel vs Capcom2 (DC) Jpn version

Only just getting into this game and so i'd like to know how you unlock the four secret characters and who are they? Is Ken in there as i find it strange he was left out.
    Do you have to beat the game using no continues or something. (Got to level 7 this morning in one go-whoopy do i hear you cry).
    Nick

I seem to recall the JAP version you needed to take your memory card into the arcades and play it on arcade machine to eventually unlock the characters. This was changed for the US release where you got lots more characters locked and you earnt points in the game for just playing and then could buy new characters/colours in the shop. I have a feeling I could be completely wrong though

A way around this now would be to download the a JAP save for the game then burn it to CD and use VMUTOOL to upload it to a memory card.

Comment

Don't worry about it dude, I have a complete save file for you.

Comment

I got kind of stuck in the PS2 version, with no more chars unlocking. I got round it though. I think you need to keep finishing the game and they just become available to buy in the shop type place. The DC version might be slightly different though.

Comment

Blah.. I couldn't play the game long enough to unlock the characters. Talk about cheap irritating fight mechanics.

Comment

Yeah it was ****.

Xmen VS Streetfighter was the most balanced one, and still my fave til this day, Marvel VS SF was pretty decent too, but the VS Capcom games were really awful. Inbalanced as hell.

You can headbutt your pad and pull off some ghey projectiles

Comment

Eventhough I hate this game myself and have never fully understood it, it can't be that **** or else folks wouldn't still be playing it at competition level.

Throwing out gay-ass easy one-button projectiles is one thing, but that hardly wins you the match.

Comment

It really is that ****. It's not hard at all to get near someone and pull off a 500 hit combo with little effort.

AND the fact that it's 3 players on each team makes it stupid. Xmen/Marvel VS Streetfighter is the better game. IMO of course.

Comment

I'd love to know to even do the moves properly i'm kinda button bashing.

Comment

It really is that ****. It's not hard at all to get near someone and pull off a 500 hit combo with little effort.
                    Razz bruv - against one of UK's top players you wont be able to land a hit let alone a combo (believe me, I play with one of them). Guys I know that play at tournament level flat out refuse to do certain techniques (such as strikers and tap-supers) to get a better fight just like how good Streetfighter players wont repeat skank tap-grab tactics - there are exploits in every game.

I'd love to know to even do the moves properly i'm kinda button bashing.
                    There are some beautiful juggles and setups, worth searching online for videos or use training mode to explore the system.

Comment

Razz that is 100% not true. MVC2 is easily the most balanced of the series (although that's not saying much). In previous versus games there were lots of very easy infinites (i'm pretty sure Wolverine had one in XvsSF that even a retarded monkey could do). All the versus games have bull****, it's just a lot harder to do in MVC2.

Considering you can barely land a hit on me in VF and SF3, I very much doubt you can get anything near a 100 hit combo in MVC2. I really don't like the game but to say there's no skill in it is pure ignorance.

"like how good Streetfighter players wont repeat skank tap-grab tactics - there are exploits in every game."

Says Mr Skank Zangief XD

Comment

LOL, I could do easily do a 360 hit combo on you.

juggle>rape

rinse and repeat.

incredbibly boring. As I said, they went OTT with MvC.

Comment

Originally posted by Razz
                          LOL, I could do easily do a 360 hit combo on you.

juggle>rape

rinse and repeat.

incredbibly boring. As I said, they went OTT with MvC.
                          No you ****ing can't, you're talking completely out of your arse. If you have the skill required to do that in game you've barely touched then why can't you do VCs in SFZ3? Describe a 360 hit combo for me then, detail which character you're using and who your two assists are.

Comment

Before this topic descends into a 1 on 1 slugmatch, I'd just like to chip in the fact that I really like MvC2.

Cos, you know, it's actually FUN to play. And has loads of cool comic characters in it.

If that's too simple for everyone then I'll get me coat...

Comment

Some people definitely take themselves too seriously.

Comment

Working...
                              X