Carve

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Carve

I was looking round gamestation today thinking about what to get for my preowed games and found this sitting on the shelf.. i hadnt even realised it came out :S Its ?20, has bad packaging and is published some Z-list offshoot of take2.. I was expecting a half finished rush job, you know, one of those argonaut games like malice where they realised they werent gonna get a good deal from the publishers so just stopped trying and shipped the thing..

..but this time its actually quite good.

Theres quite a lot to do, the handling is good, the graphics are superb, i really like the control system, the trick system is good.. everything works well, there is a decent amount of game modes, online play, enough tracks and characters.. the menu's are passable but are a tad bland..

The water is strange and while the game looks a lot better than Waverace:Bluestorm, it doesnt feel like water your racing on, its more like jelly with a water texture/animation strapped over it :S

erm.. what else.. could've had better camera angles and the whole thing has zero ambition or creative risk.

It couldve been a lot better but it couldve been a lot worse too. Carve is fun, a nice short term thing that will probably last this weekend then i'll dip into it again for a quick go every now and then.. its very easy to pick up and play .. anyone else got it ??

?20 preowned. Im afraid mate you have been robbed. Try brand new at Amazon for ?15.

However it is a great(ish) game and one which i do own.

Comment

The music is great also, done by my local glasgow lable SOMA! (pity on live you can only talk to the person in front or behind you though, that was confusing at first)

Comment

I have two copies of this (one for sale in the sale thread), it is a good enjoyable racing and stunt game, not too many people playing it on Live but the offline single player modes are enough to keep you occupied, great value.

Think the only reason GAME aren't stocking it is due to the low retail price and I guess lower profit margin for them - so much for them serving the gamer eh

Comment

oops i meant i preowned some games to get it.. it only cost me ?8

im suprised at game not stocking it, they usually stock all the budget games :S perhaps they have a deal with gamestation or something?

Comment

Working...
          X