Winning Eleven 8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Winning Eleven 8

Konami announced World Soccer Winning Eleven 8 for PlayStation 2, the game is scheduled to release in Japan on August 5, for 7329 yen. This time the number of playable teams in the Master League has increased from 64 to 138. A new growth and decline system is used in the Master League mode, so that no particular team can always be the strongest.

From the usual place.

Excellent

Comment

never saw that one coming

excellent news.

Comment

Have Charlton in it this time Konami ;p
        (They would've been in WE7 if Alex Santos wasn't denied a work permit ft: )

This time, at least have some believeable shooting animations. Not the "hurdler" or any other half-baked manufactured animation.
        they should incorporate the "curling/ inside of the boot shot". Similar to the Del Piero shot, but with more pace and less loft. You see Rooney do it on the WE7: International intro.

As always, i await every single Winning Eleven with baited breath.

Comment

The best just keeps getting better. The game could be identical to WE7i for all I care, I just want all the French, German, Spanish, Italian and English top flight teams and online play.

Comment

Online play won't happen until they release Winning Eleven Network Battle (which i haven't heard of lately. didn't even appear at the last TGS I think )

Comment

just 3 months. Hopefully they can secure more than 5 team licences this time, agree totally about the shooting animations. Im looking foward to the xbox version also, it SHOULD look stunning.

Comment

Brilliant news. Like innovator, I'll be happy if it is just basically WE7I (But I agree they need to improve the shooting a little bit)

Charlton though? More like Southampton please....

Comment

No doubt Bolton will be in it if Rivaldos deal goes through. I'd like to see the South American teams back also.

Comment

Surely all clubs from the top flight in France, Germany, Holland, Spain, Italy and England will be included if theres 138 teams. That still leaves 20 odd additional teams aswell.

I bet Leeds are still in though, despite relegation. We know what Konami are like for keeping things up-to-date.

Comment

I'd be quite surprised if WE8 didn't go online. The announcement of an XBox version in the West, Konami's support of an online DDR game for Live, Sony putting the pressure on for more online content and the fact that EA and TIF are now online all point towards an online version.

The only bugger is that anyone with a chipped PS2 will probably have to wait for the XBox version. Mind you, then you get to play it in VGA (Yay!!!!)

Comment

Originally posted by John Kabira
                        No doubt Bolton will be in it if Rivaldos deal goes through. I'd like to see the South American teams back also.
                        Slightly OT but the Rivaldo deal is off mate. He is on his way to Celtic!!!! .

I'll be watching him at fir park when the 'tic play motherwell.

WE8; whoppeeeeeeeeee

I cant wait, dilema: PS2 or XB????

Comment

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/3697999.stm

It would be good to see him in the premiership, even though he is a bit past it, Im not a Bolton fan but it would be good to see Rivaldo and Okocha together.

Id go for the PS2 version first, as the Xbox verion will be PES4, and we all know how Konami like to make the Europen versions inferior to the Jap ones

Comment

Personally I didnt like WE7I nearly as much as WE7, International was so frustrating. Though saying that it might be because I played WE7I much more and at a constant hard level...

Anyway I'd like to see improvements in the AI and reaction times of the players...

Comment

Originally posted by Geo-V6
                              Originally posted by John Kabira
                              Slightly OT but the Rivaldo deal is off mate. He is on his way to Celtic!!!! .

I'll be watching him at fir park when the 'tic play motherwell.

WE8; whoppeeeeeeeeee

I cant wait, dilema: PS2 or XB????
                              unlucky buddy

rumours have it the Bolton deal is BACK on

Come watch him at the Reebok tho by all means

Comment

Working...
                              X