propellor arena available!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

propellor arena available!

this is kinda in response to the 'cancelled dreamcast games' thread from a while back - i seem to remember there being a few people waiting for DC propellor arena (for those who haven't heard of it, it was an AM2-developed arena-plane-combat dealie that was finished, but ended up cancelled in the aftermath of the eleventh of september) to be hacked/finished and let loose on the net. well, it was released sometime in the last day or so, and i've downloaded / burned a copy and played fifteen minutes or so of it...

from what i've seen, it was a bit... meh. like, averagey and not particularly exciting. on the other hand, i've not given it much time yet. it's kinda a six-plane deathmatch in the air, with collectable weapons and junk. oh, and online options, although i've no way of testing whether those work or not. at any rate, it looks to be totally complete and works perfectly, with a 50/60hz option and so on... i won't link, but it's available from all the usual bittorrent sources, and as far as i understand it's completely legal, since it was never released.

anyway, back to hot lesbian mario kart action, i think. (the homosexual agenda revealed - yelling at luigi for not being able to sodding drive )

anyway, back to hot lesbian mario kart action, i think. (the homosexual agenda revealed - yelling at luigi for not being able to sodding drive )
    Official WTF Post of 2004 (tm)

Comment

Just because it was never released doesn't mean it's not copyrighted. Unless AM2 have relinquished their rights, they still own the intellectual property. Also the distribution method should give another clue, as should the complete lack of mention of the title on AM2's Website.

Download it if you must, but don't believe it's all legal and above board (unless someone can prove otherwise).

Regards
      Marty

Comment

I too downloaded and burnt it yesterday.
        I have to agree with Karlidogs mini review/opinion, its OK nothing more nothing less.
        As far as legality goes well technically speaking AM2 do own the intelectual property BUT due to this never being released and there not being any new DC games available anyway, I honestly think its good for the gaming or emulation community.
        Whats the point of a company sitting on a game they never released and have no intention of releasing for a dead system ?

spread the love...Up the revolution my brothers

Comment

It has been released and it is available therefore that is piracy that you are talking about. Ask yakumo for details.

Comment

then i stand corrected

Comment

who cares its a REALLLLLLLY crap game

Comment

Originally posted by Geezer
                It has been released and it is available therefore that is piracy that you are talking about. Ask yakumo for details.
                Can anyone provide any more details about this? I thought it got canned.

Comment

Geezer is talking rubbish just ignore him, all the copies around spawned from the GD-ROM that Service Games is in possession of. A large group of people all pulled together to purchase the game as a joint buy to stop it from falling into the hands of a private collector, Service Games was just the person who put his own money on the line and got the game quickly before it was sold to collectors.

Everyone who joint bought the game gets a nice cdr of with hi quality booklet and covers. Service Games had no intention of solely charging for it, he is simply collecting money from the people who originally said they would help buy the game, and others who want to help. The game was planned to be released for free to the mass public a while after copies had been distributed amongst the donaters, unfortunately a pre was leaked to IRC and then further distributed by torrent/emule bringing the actual release further forward.
                  Last edited by Blu3Flame; 20-05-2004, 18:57.

Comment

Working...
                  X