Grand Theft Auto - Vice City

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grand Theft Auto - Vice City

Okay not exactly cutting edge of video gaming but the Japanese version came out exactly two days ago so a new release of sorts.

Still how does it play? Well exactly like the PAL and US releases except all the subtitles are in Japanese instead of English, the audio and music is all in English so it's possible to pick up and play even if you can't read Japanese (makes some of the missions a lot more harder... ^_^.

The only other things about the Japanese release are that Sony Japan exercised more of their power and there are a few cuts to GTA:VC including the cut scene where Rosenburg the lawyer snorts some baking soda which is gone as with the sounds, the cut scene starts just after he snorts the baking soda on the Western release. The scene in the pole position club where you have to sit and watch a lap dancer dance earning money and complete a level is cut so that she doesn't fondle her melons or grab her booty and one of the funniest cuts is the level where you can use a sniper rifle to zoom into the magzines you drop out of a plane, keen eyes probably remember some fairly soft core pictures however this time it's real pussies.

Still all in all if you have a Japanese PS2 and you've not modded it and would like to play Vice City then it's a welcome change from all those unplayable RPGs your probably hoarding... ^_^

i thought it would be cool to be a japanese grand theft auto and have all the guys talking in japanese, including people on the street and the radio etc. i was looking to get GTA3 from play-asia even tho its still quite expensive atm, but i figured that making it sound like a kung fu movie would be awesome.

but if its all still english audio then there i guess there is no point in wasting the cash. thanks for the heads up, youve definitely saved me some cash that can go to a game i havent already finished a few times

Comment

The cost for such a vast translation just wouldn't be worth the effort for either Rockstar or Capcom unfortunately.

There's literally got to be hours worth of dialogue in Vice City when you take into consideration the pedestrian comments along with the narrative speech.

Comment

someone else playing this right now or has plans to go back to it after GTA4?

i'm struggling to make any progress right now, but i'm determined to complete the story before i start with GTA4.

bought the official guide to make things easier but i guess all i would really need was a safe anywhere & anytime cheat

wondering if i could play this game emulated on my PC in the meanwhile?

Comment

You don't need to emulate, it was released for PC I think it's on Steam. I played it on PC because the PS2 graphics were so blurry.

Comment

Originally posted by Big N Veiny View Post
            You don't need to emulate, it was released for PC I think it's on Steam. I played it on PC because the PS2 graphics were so blurry.
            Didn't you realise you could turn filters off???

Comment

did the PC version feature a quick save function? this would the only reason for me to start from scratch on my PC.

Comment

No it was still the normal save system. One thing you could do in the PC version that I liked was that you could pause the game to put in cheat codes. I would spawn a bunch tanks etc then type in the code to blow up all vehicles lots and lots of times, then when you unpause the vehicles would all fly into the stratosphere.

Originally posted by Malc View Post
                Didn't you realise you could turn filters off???
                I'm pretty sure I did. I was playing on a crappy TV through composite though. PC version was so much cleaner and sharper.

Comment

Working...
                X