Dont laugh: McDonald land PAL NES

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dont laugh: McDonald land PAL NES

I was out bargain hunting this morn and came across this and for some reason a bell rang in my head and I ended up buying it.

On the way back I was sure there was something about this game that made me buy it?

When I got home and started checking it out, I cant find it mentioned anywhere as collectable/desirable/rare etc etc

Can anyone help or am I barking up the wrong tree. Have I got it mixed up with Rodland in my early morning stupor(Im not a morning person).

Please help

No idea what it might be worth, but isn't it by the same guys that went onto form Treasure?

Comment

That might be it but Im sure i read about it somewhere and there was something disctinctive about it in the article i read, I thought it was in edge - I checked to no avail.

This is really bugging me now.......

Comment

no you've got it mixed up with mcdonalds trasureland adventure for the megadrive, which is made by treasure. shameless plug: you can buy mine for ?20(though no book)

Comment

If you're talking about McDonald's Treasure Land Adventure then yeah, it's a Treasure game.

<edit> Beaten to the punch. Never noticed NES in the thread title.
          Last edited by E. Randy Dupre; 13-06-2004, 15:28.

Comment

I think the thing about the game is that it was released earlier with a different name and different main characters.

Comment

Hmm I too have the NES McDonalds game, guide Mic and Mac yadda yadda yadda, I've never even booted it up tbh.

I too got it confused with the Megadrive one >_<

Comment

It's fairly common and not very good, then again neither is the Megadrive one...

Now Rodland on PAL is quite rare.

Comment

I take it that wink means you have one MD.?

**jealousy has ripped a hole in my side**

im coming to get you MD

Comment

Rodland

Comment

Nah it means it's quite rare and worth keeping an eye out for. Sadly I don't even own the Famicom version of it (mainly as I failed to find it in Akihabara when I went last. ), although in August I will be doing commando style raids on places to find it. ^_^

Comment

*hugs his copy of Rodland*

*hugs his copy of Global Gladiators too, which was the best McDonalds game ever*

Comment

Actually, McDonaldLand is one of the best NES platformers out there. Despite the obviousness of the corporate cash-in, the game itself is good. Above average graphics, decent music, good gameplay and multipath level design. Not as good as SMB3, but I guarantee you'll have fun playing through it.

(yes, I have it)

Comment

Originally posted by hankwangford
                            *hugs his copy of Rodland*

*hugs his copy of Global Gladiators too, which was the best McDonalds game ever*
                            I saw Global gladiators for 3 quid on sun, should I get it this weekend if I go back??

Its for the mega drive right?

Oh andd Im after you now that you have admitted having a copy of rodland

Comment

Rodland!

Man, not thought about that game in aaaages - loved it!

Whats the cheapest/easiest to find version?

Cheers,

Morcerf 8)

Comment

Working...
                              X