Mashed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mashed

Not really what I expected. I thought it was going to be a Burnout clone but was surprised that it turned out to be a 3D Super Sprint/Micro Machines type game using Renderware to give the familiar graphical touch.

Any good? Nah, pretty crap IMHO. You are far better off playing the original SS/MM than this. The 3D produces camera angles which hinder more than help. The powerups are pretty lame and the whole game has a very amateurish feel to it. For instance the Mashed logo is abysmal. Sound is generic and graphics uninspired.

Tip for playing the game: use the D-pad to steer the cars. The analogue sticks are useless.

3 out of 10.

Is Mashed the new multiplayer title everyone is raving about? I've read so many good things about this game, I'm very surprised (and slightly worried) at your reaction...

Comment

Mr. Ono were you just playing it in single player?

I heard it was almost pointless playing it in single player, a lot like Circuit Breakers.

Comment

I had this ordered @ Play, but after reading Mr ono's comments i decided to cancel it, (was in 2 minds anyway) - however i wanted it just for the multiplayer with my m8's, so i'll keep an eye on what others are sayin.
        I liked the idea of a modern day supersprint/micromachines hybrid

Comment

The camera's horrid, which is a shame - it could have otherwise been quite good (like Circuit Breakers, as has already been said). The only reason it works better in multiplayer mode is because everyone's got to deal with the bad camera; in single-player, you're the only one who can't see where they're going.

Comment

Isn't this by the same people who did circuit breakers? I really liked that, better than Micro Machines imo.

Comment

Forgot all about Circuit Breakers, that was great fun, exactly the sort of game that XboxLive is crying out for.

Comment

Sorry, yeah. Was only playing single player against the cpu.

I can see the potential and god! I'd love a spiritual successor to Super Sprint, but this is not it.

Comment

well i aquired this to try it out, and i have to say that Mr Ono was being generous with his 3/10.

Have only scratched the surface so far in single player, but its horrid!
                  Will have to keep this on the hard drive till i can try the multiplayer, but as for a single player experience i wouldn't even condsider it on what i've seen so far.

PS1 graphics, like ono said the analogue sticks are way way too sensitive (no adjustment in options) - the menu's are poor, very little polish at all, and as already has been said it all looks quite amaturish, tis hard to believe i had a s-controller in my hand tbh.

And to think i had this preordered @?26.99 ft: - for those of you still interested - it's now ?17.99 @play.

Oh and thanks for Mr ono's first impressions, unless multiplayer's a ****ing riot you have saved me some cash
                  8)

Comment

Originally posted by Brats
                    Isn't this by the same people who did circuit breakers? I really liked that, better than Micro Machines imo.
                    Nope - some of the same team that made Micro Machines 2, I believe. Damn shame.

Comment

Sounds more like Ignition on the PC. That game was actually quite good.

Comment

I'm surprised at this reaction, yeah it has a couple of camera problems but I think its every bit as good as circuit breakers - Mr Ono, the fact that you were expecting a burnout clone maybe dampend your enthusiasm - its a breath of fresh air IMHO

Comment

Originally posted by Moschops
                          Mr Ono, the fact that you were expecting a burnout clone maybe dampend your enthusiasm - its a breath of fresh air IMHO
                          Not really Moschops. I absolutely adore Super Sprint (and like MM) and would have loved this to have been a decent rendition of the genre. Ultimately though it is very very poor.

Comment

Surely it can't be every bit as Circuit Breakers when Mashed has plenty of problems (camera, controls, AI) that Circuit Breakers didn't? Just seems to make sense to me. Considering I never expected a Burnout clone, that's not really my problem - there are just better examples of the genre.

Comment

I have seen a few MM clones and they always seem to miss that one more go factor the MM and MM2 had in the bucket load. Mashed, to me, is as close to the experience of the orginal MM that there has been......problems yes, great fun - definitely

lets just agree to disagree - the joy of games eh

Comment

Working...
                              X