Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Name that Game [version 1.07]

Hello guys.

I've just had a flashback to a game I had on the commodore 64, possibly the amiga.

You were a guy, walking along the streets, possibly drunk with a bowlers hat. And there were these big monsters, slash aliens. I don't think you could get past them. You just had to find the best route and avoid them coming towards you.

It was rich in colours, and you could do into the gardens above the street.

God damn, I know that no-one will remember.

That is Bozo's Night Out, and a cracking game it is too:

Bozo's Night Out is a Commodore 64 miscellaneous arcade game released in 1984 by Taskset.

Comment

ive got a Q which has been pissin me off for ages.

sorry to jump on the back of this thread but hopfully someone will be able to help -

i remember playing an arcade of a scrolling along beat em up. A guy dressed in blue armour would storm a castle and fight his way to the top at the end of each level there was a boss character to fight.

As you thought your armour would come off if you was hit. And every time you striked someone he would shout "foo- warh!"

I cant remember the games name but i think it had the word gold in it.

If anyone has any ideas please let me know s ive been lookin for this game for ages!

112 ^_^

Comment

Great Gurianos (sometimes called Gladiator)?

The Arcade Flyer Archive (TAFA) is a digital repository for advertisement flyers that are used by the coin-operated amusement industry to promote the sales of its games. Over time flyers represent much more than a printed brochure. They capture a unique blend of the industry's history, graphic design trends and advertising campaigns. Most importantly, they bring out the nostalgia of countless people who have grown up with the culture of video games, pinball machines and arcade & amusement games. Unique cabinet designs, attractive artwork and real screen shots -- all of which represent the visual language of coin-operated games, make flyers sought after items for collectors and effective tools for restoring game to their original factory specifications.

Comment

We should turn this into a winner stays on game.

Comment

Here's one I posted on another forum (and got the answer):

It was the first game I ever played on a Spectrum +2A, with the enhanced music... (in fact it may not have been 48K compatible at all.)

It was a colourful side scrolling beat 'em up/platformer featuring a large main sprite... a barbarian guy, although on some levels I think you took the form of an eagle?

Comment

I'm pretty sure that was Savage by Probe

Comment

Yeah its savage, played that on my mates Amstrad.

No-one has yet been able to tell me the name of my mystery arcade shmup. It had vertical and horizontally scrolling levels. I remember the player ship could drop bombs which exploded in a big blue sphere. And no its not turtle ship ?? This has been bugging me for years.

Comment

I can only think of Salamander or Legendary Wings, which it probably isn't.

Comment

My one was Savage.

sheesh, far too easy I guess!

Comment

Thank you papercut! you have settled an annoying question which has been in my mind for like 20 years! THANK YOU!!!

112 ^_~

Comment

Working...
                      X