Sega Megadrive PlayTV 6-in-1 Direct to TV console with 6 games - Sept 04

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sega Megadrive PlayTV 6-in-1 Direct to TV console with 6 games - Sept 04

For the Sega collector that has to have everything; bit like Nintendo's iQue, but doesn't seem like the games are interchangeable.

Snazzy pad too.

That's really very nice.
    I'd love a 6 button version. I wonder how hackable they are. I'd get one, but I don't want to be limited to 6 games. Such a portable MD would be so handy for travelling.

Comment

I actually used this quite a bit at the Toy Master Chain's, private toy fair a month or so ago.

for what it is its pretty good ... somin about the d pad felt odd compared to a normal MD pad... but all else was perfect.

Comment

will it work with UK TV's? might invest while i am in japan for 5000Y its not bad although you can get a megadrive with at least 15 games for the same price.

Comment

Megadrive and 15 games? That include a Japanese copy of Flicky? That'll be a fun thing to try and find...

I personally don't like the look of it, like the way they mold in where the LED was on the Megadrive 2 then use a normal LED just above it... ^_^;

Some of the games are fairly uninspiring too... Sonic, good. Puyo Puyo Good (although Puyo Puyo 2 would have been better), Golden Axe, good(ish), King of the Monsters, sorry your taking the piss now, Chameleon Kid? I mean WTF?!?!

It could have been a lot better with games like Gunstar Heroes, Ghouls and Ghosts, Tatsujin, Strider to name a few and if they just wanted Sega games then...

Alex Kidd, Super Shinobi, Columns, Bare Knuckle, Bonanza Brothers and Ecco would have been a nice collection.
          Last edited by MD; 19-06-2004, 11:35.

Comment

Yeah the mix of games is a bit strange really.

Comment

Originally posted by MD
              Megadrive and 15 games? That include a Japanese copy of Flicky? That'll be a fun thing to try and find...
              did i say you could get flicky?

anyway megadrives are two a penny where i live, cash converters sell em for a tenner with the super rare sonic 1 and hangon/columns/road rash games, and the games cost ?2.
              I know the jp megadrive costs a little more but you can still find a similar deal in Softmap or some junk store. Anyway only analy made people bother with the JP systems!?
              Last edited by tokyochojin; 20-06-2004, 01:49.

Comment

Bit off topic: with all these consoles being shrunk down to the size of a joypad, how far up the console ladder do you think they could go?

(i'm praying for a Saturn version )

Comment

Actually tokyochojin, there is quite a noticeable dip in performance between the Pal and JP Ntsc megadrive, if you have only played the megadrive via a Pal machine it might be worth hunting out a JP machine, you could be plesantly surprised

Comment

i might do that mate, although this piece of kit does look really nice, although puyo is alot better in 2player

Comment

I really enjoyed Kid Chameleon... (until a bug in the game prevented me going any further). Sorry.

Comment

Cool

but the games should have been better

Super Shinobi
                        Streets of Rage 2
                        Thunder Force III
                        Sonic 2
                        Devil Crash MD
                        Gaiares

Now that would be a kickass six-game portable

Comment

Alien Soldier