Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Winning Eleven 6 for GameCube definately NOT U.S. bound?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is Winning Eleven 6 for GameCube definately NOT U.S. bound?

I'm thinking of importing this game. Obviously the Japanese menus and such are going to be a slight problem. I've heard this game, unlike it's PS2 counterpart, is NOT coming out in the U.S. How accurate is that? Should I wait, or just import? Thanks.

No Known Plans for US Release (Planet GameCube)

Comment

Henning: Yeah, that's unfortunate. Was the PS2 version listed as "no known plans" for the U.S. version as well? If so, maybe we can still hope for an announcement since the PS2 version is already here. I wonder if when games are listed as "no known plans" if that typically means they're not ever going to be released elsewhere...

Comment

Was the PS2 version listed as "no known plans" for the U.S. version as well?
        No

maybe we can still hope for an announcement since the PS2 version is already here
        Let's hope so

I wonder if when games are listed as "no known plans" if that typically means they're not ever going to be released elsewhere
        It vary

Comment

The US PS2 version was out yesterday.

Comment

Alright thanks guys.

Comment

The last football game for a Nintendo machine Konami released in the US was ISS98 for N64. Think that sums things up...
              Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Didn't they release the piss poor MSPN Prime Time Soccer last year for the cube?

Comment

Our cousins across the pond can't understand Football (soccer) ask JRM. The lack of legal violence really turns them off. (this patronising enough?)

Part of the problem is that soccer, unlike the almost scientific strategy of playbooks in American football, is a rather free form and open game. There are strategies, but executing them isn?t something that can be done from a menu. And given that you could classify everything that a real soccer player does into a few basic moves like ?pass?, ?shoot? and ?tackle?, soccer games tended to reflect that. Never mind that in reality a pass could mean anything from a little back-heel to a sweeping 60-yard ball to the striker. Your options in a real game of soccer are limited only by the ingenuity and imagination of a player, and thus they have many more options open to them than the ?simple pass along ground? long offered in games.

Comment

maybe we can hope for a pal release as football is alot bigger in europe than in the usa.WEll it happend with doshin :/

Comment

Originally posted by snowman
                      maybe we can hope for a pal release as football is alot bigger in europe than in the usa.WEll it happend with doshin :/
                      I think Sony have European exclusivity on the game.

Comment

I was thinkign of importing iot from Japan too. But I have PES2 on the PS2. Is it worth getting?

On another note, I cant wait for PES3 rumours flying around at the moment about possible net play!! Can you imagne how cool that would be, if they coudl get it to work well?

Comment

I'm not sure but I think I read that Lik Sang were going to have an english language version for sale. This may be some sort of new version or just have the player's names in english on a memory card save.

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem
                            The last football game for a Nintendo machine Konami released in the US was ISS98 for N64. Think that sums things up...
                            Thats incorrect. They did infact release ESPN MLS Extratime 2002 on the cube in the US last year... not a bad game as it turned out. It was basically a GC version of ISS Pro Evolution 2 on the PSOne with the MLS license. It certainly did the job until I imported WE6FE a few weeks ago.

Comment

Originally posted by lucanvortex
                              I'm not sure but I think I read that Lik Sang were going to have an english language version for sale. This may be some sort of new version or just have the player's names in english on a memory card save.
                              There are rumours of an international version of WE6FE being released in Japan which is exactly the same but with an English language option. It was listed on a couple of websites recently... can't remember the URL's though.

Comment

Working...
                              X