Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Curry House CoCo Ichibanya: Kyo Mo Genki Da! Curry ga Umai!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Curry House CoCo Ichibanya: Kyo Mo Genki Da! Curry ga Umai!

This game deserves your attention NOW.

I'll try to put this game simply.

You work in a curry house. Customers walk in, and you must greet them. They peruse the menu, then order their curry. They order it in parts. FOr example, they order 500g of rice, 2 dashes of Chilli Sauce and then some Curry Sauce. And then for good measure, a topping.

You've got to balance all your orders out, whilst meeting and greeting customers. Considering the toppings take some time to cook, it's pretty damn hard. But it's so satisfying when the customers all leave with love hearts above their heads whilst shouting "Arigatou gozaimasu!".

You're given a quiet shift to start off with, with all toppings cancelled. By shift 2, toppings are then allowed, and unfortunately I haven't played much after that. I shall soon see.

It's not original, but it's all so appealing. Buy buy buy!
    Last edited by marcus; 23-06-2004, 18:08.

OMG rofl!11111 that sounds like da best game eva1111111111111

Or you could get off your arse and get a real job in McDonalds. Don't think I'll buy it.

Comment

It looked interesting enough for me to consider pre-ordering it a couple of months ago (although I didn't in the end). Is it anything like Ore No Ryouri?

Comment

I've got this. Had it for a while in fact without actually loading it.

Mau give it a go tonight as it sounds like a laugh.

Comment

I've not played Ore no Ryouri, sadly.

It's nothing that innovative, but it's damn fun to play balancing all the meals.

And ffs, it's CURRY!

Comment

Is it easy enough to play in Japanese?

Comment

Looks very similar to that Yoshinoya game.

Comment

LMAO - just played it.

First level piss easy with just a bit of rice shovelling, spice adding and gravy pouring.

Second shift! Eek!! Had to handle a table full of kids(?) and the deep fat frying of the tempura!!!! Help!!!

Really quirky and original game this and only something we would get from our Jap friends.

Comment

Aye, I'm going to be playing this a lot the next couple of days, it's just insane.

Comment

I managed to get to Act 4 yesterday with no problems.

This game should be called Curry House: Real Kitchen Simulator or something.

It is, in a strange way, pretty much a puzzler in the same way as Klax is but with a few more components to it.

Comment

Seeing as how this game is unique and incredibly fun-looking, it won't come out in the west. So it's on par for the course.

Better get out the Japanese dictionary then...

Comment

You don't need to know the lingo to play this. It's all really simple, but if you want to understand the cut-scenes before each Act then you best get out the dictionary.

I managed to get to Act 4 yesterday. I love the way it keeps adding small bits to the game. You started off with simple Rice, Chilli and Pork Curry Sauce, then it goes onto Toppings, and then Desserts.

Each little dude comes into the restaurant, your little avatar gives them a menu, they decide, then it's COOK COOK COOK!!

Comment

This game is great, especially in short bursts. I'm stuck on act 9 - i simply can't get enough credit in the time allocated - i'm not sure if it's because i tend to stick to the cooking and let my curry ho take the orders and deal the meals. trying to do both manually is true mind scrambling material.

There are loads of mini games avaliable as well, though they're really frustrating to unlock. each demands that you earn the top score on the leaderboard (not always easy) in order to progress ot the next minigame. Some are poorly designed and you unfortunately have to rely a fair bit on luck. Thankfully, some are two-player, though none that i've played so far come close to the multiplayer thrills of the likes of pokemon stadium on the N64, in terms of side-games.

Comment

Just played this round Tom's house. It's ace! It doesn't look fun being played at all, but when you actually get to do it yourself it's awesome.

Comment

I got to Act 7 last night with James, where you've got to try waiting on as well. Had 2 goes at it, didn't manage to get past it. Will try again later

Comment

Working...
                              X