Propeller Arena

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Propeller Arena

I'm surprised no one has posted anything on this at all, I know it's not officially availible, but it's still a cracking good dog fighter and definately better than Crimson Skies on the Xbox.

Controls are simple analogue stick to steer, triggers increase and decrease speed, then Fire and Powerup. Thats about it. 4 different types of Plane to choose from with 2 variations of each totalling 8 all with slightly different attributes.

In game is simple find an opponent, nuke em, move onto next, while not getting nuked urself and it's kinda of like quake with height inluded really. if you position yourself properly behind a rival you can lock on with some impressive camera scans.

There are plenty of arenas all totally different visually giving a nice bit of variety, and area all well designed with some very solid visuals.

I havn't had chance to play this too much but it's been good fun and it's a shame getting it online will never be possible :/ still 4 player is good fun.

Any1 else played this?

Yeah, we all talked about it in the Retro folder a while ago

Comment

Havent people played this online?
      From what I've played of it (not a lot admitedly), I'd disagree and say crimson skies is better. PA's controls are very sluggish. Split screen works well though.

Comment

There are no games servers, far as I know online is not possible.

Comment

i think he means : havent online folk played it.

Comment

I'd also say Crimson Skies is much better. Plus four player dog fights are a little limited. You really need large scale 16 player battles to make this sort of game have any lasting appeal. A shame there's no link up option.

Comment

Not very accesible.
              Small/limited arenas, little tactical use of scenery.
              Slow gameplay.
              Little in the way of single-player.
              Poor controls. Explaination -- it does that auto-correct style thing RS has (optionally).

It's an average multiplayer game

Comment

It is pretty though.

Seems to use the same human model system as Shenmue.

Comment

Originally posted by Brats
                  I'd also say Crimson Skies is much better. Plus four player dog fights are a little limited. You really need large scale 16 player battles to make this sort of game have any lasting appeal. A shame there's no link up option.
                  U reckon Top Spin pwnz tho

Comment

If you're a fan of real life tennis, it does .

Comment

Prop Arena on Xbox? Is it via emulation, mame? Can anybody link to the discussion about this in the retro folder? (I did a search, but it came up with nadda)

Comment

Propeller Arena for the Dreamcast.

A final/near-final version was leaked recently.

Comment

Working...
                        X