Guardians Of The Hood - Pitfighting scroller

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guardians Of The Hood - Pitfighting scroller

This is pretty funky game, teh days of digitised sprites, it was the cool in those days. Heard bout this game a while ago, never actually played it until now, a mindless enjoyable scrolly beatmup then

That's a coincidence, I've been playing this today as well.

Comment

I`ve just played it for the first time and its so bad it hurts . I like scrolling fighters but this is a travesty compared to its hand-drawn brothers.

I suppose the at that time the Americans had an obsession with digitised sprites, as seen it Pitfigher, Narc and Mortal Kombat. The latter two were decent enough games but Pitfighter and this Guardians game are abysmal.

I will be going back to Final Fight as soon as possible, its the only way to put the experience of Guardians behind me.

Comment

Originally posted by kingston lj
        I`ve just played it for the first time and its so bad it hurts . I like scrolling fighters but this is a travesty compared to its hand-drawn brothers.

I suppose the at that time the Americans had an obsession with digitised sprites, as seen it Pitfigher, Narc and Mortal Kombat. The latter two were decent enough games but Pitfighter and this Guardians game are abysmal.

I will be going back to Final Fight as soon as possible, its the only way to put the experience of Guardians behind me.

Got to agree, it's not the best example of the genre I've ever played. Capcom fighters for me, all the way.

Comment

i remember this when i was too young to even reach the sticks on the arcade. It was during the jean claude van dam phase. So the kick boxing type of street fighting was all the rage. It was more to do with the idea of fightingin an illegal arena. The digitisd sprites allowed the idea to materialise to what was seen in films. Problem was when you played it, it was total pish! I especially luved the cheesy intros ith the bio of each character! ahh dems were the days naievety!

Comment

Why all the hating on GOTH? We had it at our local pool hall back in the day and it got a ton of play. The game was/is hilarious.

It has the worst digitized sprites, scaling and depth perception EVER in a videogame. And what more sensible way to triumph against the scum infesting your 'hood than by hospitalizing the other player after every level, thus cutting your chances in half?
            Last edited by Molloy; 29-06-2004, 18:26.

Comment

Working...
            X