This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All EBAY/PayPal related posts here please

Read the description. Not just the first line and thread title. Ok, the Xbox box was pushing it, but surely this is fraud. It's not a Euro 2004 Football final ticket. Unlike the title and first sentence state. You can't then immediately then contradict yourself. When one says "object x", you usually mean "object x". Not something masquerading as "object x", but we say so immediately after. Providing you read the description first and not just the topic title.

Why do you people use Ebay again?

I'm not a man of extremes, but I don't believe in lying. This smacks of all those simpsons Troy McClure spoofs. "Guaranteed to rise in value*"

"*Not an actual guarantee".

This gets my goat up. It's wrong. I'll keep my thoughts on what I'd like to happen to the seller, since not all of you will understand. But this is greed at it's worst. The worst side of human nature revealed in an everyday transaction. And it makes me very sad indeed.

As usual the average UK gamefaqer's response is disgusting. No empathy for their fellow man. I'm resisting the urge to HULK SMASH! I'd link to it, but not everyone would be able to access it. It's in the usual place for those who can. Besides, it's depressing.
    Last edited by Crispin; 08-06-2004, 14:02.

hahaha! That's one of the funniest things I have seen for a while - purely because I can imagine some dumb-as-**** lager-lout actually buying it for...wait *checks* ?102.50! Ah, the look on his boxer's-nose face would be histerical.
    Despite the hilarity, it is out of order that people do get away with this sort of thing...and it seems eBay would have realised some kind of vetting system needs to be implemented. When will they learn?

Comment

Ahahahaa.....fake and lame prob ;p

Comment

That's genius. I love the fact that dumb people are breeding, even when I am old, dumb people will still exist. Heartwarming.

Comment

Originally posted by Sigur
          That's genius. I love the fact that dumb people are breeding, even when I am old, dumb people will still exist. Heartwarming.
          They're not just breeding, but increasing in number year by year.

Evolution is about survival of the fittest. The human race has by and large turned that completely on its head.

Comment

The 0 and -1 bidders: plants, or genuine noobs/morons?

That eBay don't have some kind of "report this auction" button is a joke. It would be quite easy to stamp out bogus reports wasting their time by only allowing registered users to file the protest and resulting in a hefty negative rating on your account if you are deemed to cry wolf.

You might say if folk are clever enough to be able to sell a single sheet of a4 paper for 55 quid (I make that approximately 15,000 times more expensive than it should be), then more power to them. I say - if eBay is turning into a con-a-thon and the site owners are apparently happy with this, what chance of a fair arbitration do people have for genuine sales which go belly up?

But I'm sure we already know the answer to that.

A+++++++ **** system, will never buy from again.

Comment

"This is the greatest case of false advertising I've seen since I sued
              the movie The Never Ending Story..."

Homer: But your ad says you work on contingency!
              [Ad: Works on contingency. No money down.]
              Hutz: They got this all screwed up. This is what it was supposed to say: "Works on contingency? No, Money down!"

Comment

its not false advertising or even clever, its just outright lying. I think Crispin said in his first post he was annoyed by the amount of greed the seller has...and you are all applauding the seller! But I think , nay know this debate has raged not a week ago. so im shutting up.

;D

Comment

What to do when your kid behaves badly (games related)

This is so harsh!

Parents please let your children read this auction.

It was a glory day when my son received his Play Station 2. This beloved machine was his prize possession. He played, if not for hours at a time. When he would not take care of anything else, but he took care of this little treasure of his. Ground him, take away phone privileges.............anything but this PS2.

[snip]
                  [img]http://www.russkatz.com/eqpics/everquest/dalrus/owned-****.jpg[/img]
                  Last edited by MartyG; 08-06-2004, 08:17.

Comment

Bwah ha ha ha ha ha !

That is quite simply brilliant.

Ebay as a tool of punishement

Comment

heh, that's hysterical. The, "plays great! ask my son," line tops all.

The second controller is a mad catz?pheh.

Comment

I think that's the best 'owned!!!' sig I've ever seen

Comment

Nasty.

But I like the style.

Comment

this was posted by someone last week wasn't it ?

Comment

Oi! Who merged the two topics. I was 'ere first and I didn't even get to keep my topic title.

Comment

Working...
                              X