Metroid Prime US or JAP?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Metroid Prime US or JAP?

Time to get a new game, I normally get Jap stuff as much as possible. I hear that the Jap (and PAL) versions of Metroid have some added enhancements. My question is, does any one know if the Jap version has English text/speech - in fact I'd prefer English text with Jap voices

Cheers

Good day Tak,

I cannot help you there sorry buddy, but can say that there is an immense load of text in Prime that you really need to be able to read and re-visit throughout the game. If the text is in Japanese I would advise that you keep with the English language version as the whole story/log book information (that?s including all ur scans) are vital to the quest.

But then again, if the voice acting is in English I do suppose that wouldn?t be too bad. But is all the text also in verbal form? I don?t think it is tbh.

But I suppose you must also separate the pros from the cons? the Jap Box art is damn right sexy :P and it does have multiple enhancements... but also remember, the PAL version has these enhancements too, so maybe it would be wish to wait and get the best from both worlds...?

I know this has probably been no help what so ever?. Sorry :/ Good luck. Metroid Prime is one fantastic game...
    ----Member since April 2002

http://www.redbubble.com/people/adamstone

Comment

why don't you get the pal version.

Comment

Thanks guys -

Adam, I will definitely get the US one if the Jap one has Jap text. The box art and smaller boxes are nice :P but I don't want to ruin the enjoyment of the game. However I'm still intrigued by the extra features. And you are right, I seriously doubt the added voices are anything significant and certainly not all the text is in verbal form.

As for the PAL one, I'm afraid I'm a bit anal when it comes to PAL stuff... I never touch PAL games or hardware .. And in the case of the Gamecube the PAL games don't support progressive mode which is a big loss.

Cheers

Comment

Must admit m8, Ive been playing the US version for a couple of days now and not heard a single voice in it, so I wouldnt worry...

Comment

Yeah, the voices are only in the Jap and PAL versions.

Comment

Working...
            X