Panic Maker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Panic Maker

Thus far, the aesthetic styling is really cute but the gameplay is really rather repetitive. You zap humans, nick their DNA and then find a UFO to transform into them. Each human has different abilities and you use them to take down another alien who's up to the same tricks. It's rather hectic but pretty clumsy too. I am currently rather disappointed with it, but I will most certainly play it some more.

The usual questions: is there a lot of japanese text? Is it playable without knowledge of japanese?

Too bad you don't like it, it was definitely on my "to buy" list...

Comment

I have played the fist 3 levels and the game is already starting to wear thin.

In area 1 you basically have to earn money by causing mayhem within the level. The mayhem you cause makes people drop money, you need to earn a certain amount of money within the time limit to complete the stage.

You use your DNA gun to to copy a person then go to a mini UFO (there are numerous around the level) to turn into that person. Each person as a number of different mayhem tactics, whether it be making a lot of noise with a microphone, dropping drawing pins on the floor or hitting people with a giant boxing glove.

However causing all this mischief draws attention to yourself and you get chased by the people you annoy. If they hit you your disguse starts to faulter, if you are hit again you turn back into an Alien (and in the process loses you lots of money!) until you can get to another UFO with some else's DNA and turn into them.

There is also another Alien like yourself running around causing them same havoc. You can inflict havoc on each other and collect the money they drop (which seems to be the fastest way to progress) and for levels 2 and 3 you have to earn more money than your opponent within the time limit.

It is graphically nice with stylish, varying areas and characters (altho the levels themselves seem some what small). Game play wise it feels quite basic and repetative. Zap a human, turn into them, use their mayhem tactics, collect the dropped money, repeat. I came away feeling rather underwhelmed by the whole experience.

It is playable without Japanese knowledge, it is fairly straight forward (I don't know any Japanese) However I don't know if there is enough in there gameplay wise to make it worth it...

Comment

The Raccoon City level is a great laugh... but that doesn't stop it being an incredibly basic game. One for the kids, me thinks.

Comment

Indeed. Didn't take long to get bored of this one. It *looks* lovely, but there's not a great deal of game in there.

Comment

Working...
          X