King Of Fighters Neowave

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

King Of Fighters Neowave

Dreadful. Just dreadful. Gameplay identical to how the series played eight years ago combined with graphics that would even have looked embarassing back then. Apparently there's some kind of card you can get that saves your data, but I'll be too busy sticking my head in a blender to bother with that. Sammy, why have you forsaken us?

Nowt to do with Sammy. Entirely Playmores "work".
    Have you played recent KOFs? Just wondering about the "8 years ago comment". (KOF 96 rocks tbfh ) Do you mean its a diluted system compared to recent KOFs? I heard it was gonna be a bit '02.
    Anyway, I agree it looks shat. Hopefully just a stop gap title to get the franchise out there on Atomiswave. If SNKP can come up with a solid game like M.I from scratch, surely they can knock up some high res sprites.

Comment

I did have a go at it, as it is on playtest at the Taito centre in Akihabara, it plays quite well but still feels like any other KOF game. Still not as good as KOF 98 or 03 but still can't have everything.

The front end looks quite nice all hi-res and Dreamcast VGA looking. However you soon ask yourself why they couldn't do it on a Neo Geo, nothing in the gameplay that would trouble the Neo. The backgrounds look nice as they are high res, but as the sprites are er not, they look very blocky and out of place its the same resolution as the Neo Geo ones as there is a KOF 03 next to it and you can see it looks better as the backgrounds are in Neo res. The backgrounds are quite disappointing, although hi res they still have the same few frames of animation... ^_^;

Put it this way saw more people play Fatal Fury Special (yes that really old one now, it is in more or less every arcade I go to) then I did KOF Neowave...

Comment

Well...let's look at it from another pov.

It's just high res backgrounds with Neo geo sprites...

now, neo geo sprites are not so bad...on a neo geo.

But, put it on the AW...the whole shat looks hella lego-ish.

It's insane how they could look at it n think ' yeah! nice gfx! 3rd world countries will buy it!

Comment

I laughed at this in Tokyo too - its a mess. At least on a Neo Geo the ****ty interlacing and scanlines hid the grim sprites, but on the crystal clear VGA Atomiswave rigs they are comedy. This is why emulators have scaling jobbies to smooth out crap sprites .. how hard would it have been for Sammy to use 2xSai or something?

Comment

Filters are nasty on 2D, Takes away any quality the original art had.

Comment

Totally.
              I always play Garou with scanlines on. It just looks nasty otherwise.

Comment

Programmes get lazy and lazy lol.
                Who is making the decisions up at playmore.

Comment

isn't is SNK Playmore to blame for the poor sprites, i believe that sammy's involvement was only to let SNKP to use the hardware and nothing else (please correct me if i'm wrong)

Comment

Working...
                  X