DJ Decks FX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DJ Decks FX

luckily picked this one up today (its not out till friday but shop had it in) and all i can say is BLOODY HELLS......

for those that don't know (probably all of you) its a dj simulator - game gives you two decks, a bag of records, mixer/sampler etc and lets you get on with it. nice tutorial takes you through the basics, party mode lets you play around with help (telling you what does what etc) and pro mode drops you into the decks with no help at all

very very easy to get into, bmp counter and on-screen beats (similar in theory to all the music games out there - showing you bar counts etc), and yet its still as complex as two real decks (without the need to tape a 2p coin above your stilus )

anyone remotely interested in mixing should give this one a look, even if they only want to pick up mixing basics ..... just wish the music was more to my taste rather the detroit(ish) house on offer

ps everything is replicated in full 3d, it just looks spot on .... will try to grab a vid of myself in action in the coming few days

This was mentioned in edge and i was most interested in it. What is the retail price John?

Comment

ill stick with my 1210's and my vestax pmc275 with kaoss pad- ok I admit it costs ?800 more but hay, I think its worth it!

Comment

Originally posted by Deltatri3
        ill stick with my 1210's and my vestax pmc275 with kaoss pad- ok I admit it costs ?800 more but hay, I think its worth it!
        Lucky Bugger!!!

Comment

normal price of a ps2 game is the cost (game have it for ?39.99 but it seems to have slipped another week - dunno how my indie had it in stock)

Deltari - my 12's are in storage at the mo (preferred to pick up some 1200 classics rather than 1210's) so just for having a little play around this does the trick .... not a wide variety of tunes on offer but enough to keep me going for a while --- really hope they release add-ons with different genres of music

this game is called dj box in japan - and its an hdd install (it needs the official hdd) ... it saves all your mixes to the hdd.

lovely touch is that you can use a usb headset to cue up your next track ...funkdelicious indeed

Comment

gahhhhhhh

the japanese version lets you rip your own cds to the hdd, and use them in-game....going to invest in a bb pack and dj box (more bloody money )

the real decks and mixer might be a cheaper option after all

Comment

Damn this sounds good - now if only somebody will make it work with a normal IDE HDD (a la HDDLoader) for ripping your own CDs !!

Comment

I'll stick with my 1210's, my pioneer cdj-1000 mkII, my cdj 500s and my Allen & Heath Xone: 62!!!!! (actually I might buy this to train my mates with!!!)

Comment

Hmmm... ?40 / Ks on decks and discs...? I think most people wanting a dabble will go for this instead.

Comment

exactly ..... this is more of a training simulator than a game, those who might have a passing interest in mixing but don't want to make the large financial outlay to get started should try this one out, it gives the basics extremely well

Comment

This looks and sounds amazing, found the linkage on PA for you all, the Game and the Game+HD pack.

Defo one to add to the list I think. Looks great.

Does anyone know how the eye toy can be used with this game, does it allow you to use your hands to scratch the records in the game instead of the control pad.???

That would be cool

GAme+HD Pack ?110

Game only

Comment

I was quite interested in this originally but the hdd thing sort put me off (due to me owning a 1st gen 10000 Jap Ps2)...

Anyway, more comments please on game please and yes I wouldn't mind seeing a vid of you playing this game!
                        Last edited by phillai; 26-08-2004, 00:05.

Comment

geo-v6 - you can't scratch (or if you can i haven't sussed out how yet) ... but the eyetoy lets you move the controls via hand rather than dualstick (move the fader etc)

Comment

Ahh - get you now John.
                            Last edited by Robster; 26-08-2004, 17:39.

Comment

"DJ Box" and "DJ: Decks & FX House Edition" are two completely different games, although weirdly both from Sony.

DJ Box
                              - Japanese only
                              - Requires HDD
                              - Can import your own tracks
                              - Pretty technical. No beatmatching
                              - Came out about a month ago
                              http://www.playstation.jp/scej/title/djbox/

DJ: Decks & FX
                              - Released across Europe next Wednesday
                              - Limited to the records on the DVD. 81 tracks
                              - Simple to use
                              - No HDD required
                              http://uk.playstation.com/games/game...6&linktype=SSL
                              http://www.ps2zone.ch/news.shtml?act...ar=2004&id=408

I heard Sony were considering other editions for Decks & FX. If House isn't your bag, what would you rather see in the record box? Just curious.

Comment

Working...
                              X