Outrun2 Demo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Outrun2 Demo

Given it an hour or two so far. That included 1 online race and the demo route you have. First off the game has 2 selectable cars, i cant for the life of me remember because i dont care much about cars Both cars,handling, speed and acceleration.

There is a definite difference in the graphics, it doesnt seem to be as smooth as the arcade but there is nothing that detracts from the game for me anyway. The handling and powerslides are everything the arcade created. All of this culminates into making this the most fun racing game i've played for a very long time.

Thats the best explaination your gonna get from me at the moment.
    Last edited by Adrock; 03-09-2004, 15:30.

Adrock: Well and truly appreciated! Do you know what music is selectable though?

Comment

Right just checked and it seems the 2 selectable cars are the F50 and the 360 Spider. In live only the Spider is available from what i've gathered.

The 3 selectable tracks are Splash Wave, Magical Sound Shower and finally Passing Breeze.

This certainly is a fun game

edit : Just to add that the only available route in Outrun mode is the easy route. This crazy power drifting is so fun!

Comment

Originally posted by davidholliss
        how/where do you get it ?
        Originally posted by Yoshimoto
        You pay a ?3 deposit for the full game at your local GAME. If they have some in that is.

Comment

so does anybody know if this demo is region free yet?
          i want it on my US box

Comment

I'll just go check for you

EDIT - Yup, it's region free. Just changed my eeprom to US and it worked fine. Even tried another PAL game just to be sure and it didnt boot, so I was definitely in US mode.
            Last edited by g-funk; 03-09-2004, 16:56.

Comment

Is this coming out here first due to the UK based developers then? I wonder if the demo works well in NTSC mode? 480p?
              Damn I need this >_<

Comment

Just got the demo too and loving every minute of it. Despite it being only the easy route I'm going to get a fair few hours worth of play out of it, not bad for a measley 3 quid

Comment

Man, I love you guys. If it wasnt for you, I would have had no idea this demo existed.
                  Off to GAME tomorrow then.

Comment

thanks for that g-funk.
                    looks like i'm venturing off to game tommorrow morning.
                    just hope there is some left

Comment

Been playing on it for the past 30mins online and is fantastic. The demo allows 4 player online (8 full version) but you only can race in the f360 spider where on solo play it allows you the f50 aswell. Seems pretty lag free and voice com works fine. Lobbys are quite nice and easy to navigate aswell. As for how it compares to the arcade, well i think the graphics are spot and runs at excatly the same speed when you have it on 60hz. Handling with the pad takes a couple of races to get used to but feels great once you got used to it. Really looking forward to this come oct 1st. Anyone want a race online add me. Gamertag = Hodge

Comment

I'll be online with this later (in about 45mins-1hr)

Add me

XBL tag = tylerUK

Comment

Yep it plays really well, I just wish you could change the controls, I'm a D-Pad and X for Accelerate type of guy, but never mind, great game. Played non-stop for an hour and lost a couple of online races to Yoshimoto.

Started best stage times thread here by the way.
                          Last edited by VR46; 03-09-2004, 18:11.

Comment

Originally posted by Adrock
                            Given it an hour or two so far. That included 1 online race and the demo route you have. First off the game has 2 selectable cars, i cant for the life of me remember because i dont care much about cars Both cars,handling, speed and acceleration.

There is a definite difference in the graphics, it doesnt seem to be as smooth as the arcade but there is nothing that detracts from the game for me anyway. The handling and powerslides are everything the arcade created. All of this culminates into making this the most fun racing game i've played for a very long time.

Thats the best explaination your gonna get from me at the moment.

Online?

Comment

As Hodge's post, I've noticed no lag even with 4 players, shame you can't "join" friends,

Comment

Working...
                              X